Author Topic: More Grumpiness  (Read 41981 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: More Grumpiness
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2005, 10:51:43 AM »
My difficult subject was French, actually.

Yeah, weird, since I was pretty handy at Spanish for a while. For some reason, I couldn't figure out rhyme from written French, for example. Meh.

I'm grumpy because Marvel is a bunch of Rat Bastards. Marvel Legends series 9 figures each came with a piece of a giant Galactus figure. There were 7 parts, and 7 figures. Each figure always came with the same part. Its the only reason I have a second Prof. X. However, series 10 figures each come with a piece of a Sentinel, supposedly following the same pattern. But no. There are only 6 pieces of the Sentinel, and 7 figures. Each figure comes with a random part, apparently. Which is why I have two lower torsos and two left arms, and a completely gay Cyclops and no right arm for my Sentinel.

I am quite cheesed.

scAri

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2005, 02:16:19 PM »
Though, without you, I might not be able to feed my vicious geeky addictions.

I really think that TWG feeds itself.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2005, 02:19:53 PM »
and a completely gay Cyclops

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=167
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2005, 03:32:10 AM »
I actually may not be coming over to watch Lost anymore. I have so much on my plate. And it's complicated. So I'll have to borrow the DVDs some other time, if that's okay. Because I totally want to finish the series.

Watching Lost by myself is totally not fun.  :P I don't have anyone to discuss things with, or to get excited about plot developments with, or to laugh at me when I start freaking out.  ;) It just isn't the same. I think I'm going to have to come back.

So I'm going to try to plan it in my schedule so I don't feel so guilty about it, because it just isn't as fun by myself.

Although I admit I was sorely tempted to keep going after I finished the episode with Sahid and the French woman. It took some major self-control to put the DVD away.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2005, 12:55:32 PM »
Haha, well I'm glad you practiced self-restraint. :) And we'll be glad to have you on Tuesday nights.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2005, 07:34:09 PM »
Yet another reason I have no desire to ever own a dog.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2005, 07:06:34 PM »
Also a reason never to own an iPod!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2005, 07:11:55 PM »
I think the dog was just trying to protect her since earbuds can cause hearing loss much faster the normal headphones.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2005, 12:19:24 AM »
Can it, at equal volume levels (in terms of dB output)?

I did not know that.  It will make me more wary of wearing my earbuds (though I always turn down the music when I'm wearing them - they're louder).
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2005, 12:35:31 AM »
Ya they've been several articles on MSNBC about doctors worried about hearing loss from earbuds since they're right up in the ear canals and people play them loud and now that MP3 players have hours worth of music on them people are listening to them longer then before.

It's not something that's going to happen over night, but the key is prolonged exposure.  So if you're listing with them for 4 hours a day 5-6 hours a week that adds up.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2005, 03:03:24 PM »
I have hives. All over. Well, at the moment they're not so bad, but yesterday morning they were on at least 50% of my skin...well, that may be exaggerating some, but they were definitely all over. And I didn't sleep a wink last night (well, maybe a few winks) because of itching and maybe the prednisone the doctor put me on (if that's a possible side effect). And there's no way I can limit the hydocortisone cream applications to only 3-4 times per day.

New bleaching laundry additive = bad.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2005, 03:38:41 PM »
Ookla, I feel for you. I know how it feels to be hyper-allergic. I'm going to the allergist myself on Wednesday, and I can't take any antihistamines for 72 hours before my appointment. Which means I am a thickheaded slug today, with huge sinus pain and allergy sneezing and even a sore throat. At least I can still take my asthma medicine.

You think perhaps I should have waited to get the kitten till after the allergist appointment? Yeah, probably. Poor guy is going to be lonely tonight and tomorrow night, because I'm not hanging out at home when I already feel like this with barely any allergens in my environment. I'd probably end up in the hospital.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 03:39:19 PM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »
I have hives. All over. Well, at the moment they're not so bad, but yesterday morning they were on at least 50% of my skin...well, that may be exaggerating some, but they were definitely all over. And I didn't sleep a wink last night (well, maybe a few winks) because of itching and maybe the prednisone the doctor put me on (if that's a possible side effect). And there's no way I can limit the hydocortisone cream applications to only 3-4 times per day.

New bleaching laundry additive = bad.

I got hives before from All detergent. It wasn't even my clothes that were washed in it, it was my boyfriend's. I got Allegra and it worked great. All the hives were gone, but I wasn't drowsy. And I promptly made my boyfriend change detergents. Well, unless he didn't want me near him. You can be sure that he changed right away :).

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2005, 04:22:50 PM »
See, i'm not allergic to anything. I love it.

I do, however, despise my fear of heights. But it doesn't come up that often in britain.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2005, 04:30:57 PM »
I got Allegra and it worked great. All the hives were gone, but I wasn't drowsy.

Allegra and Claritin are the weakest of all antihistamines, for me. Benadryl works much better--if it wasn't for the way it knocks me out. I'm now on Zyrtec, which is apparently the strongest prescription antihistamine, but it isn't strong enough for me. I have to combine it with nasal sprays and asthma meds to feel halfway normal. Which is why I'm going to the allergist in a couple days. Personally, I think I'm allergic to Seattle. I didn't feel half so bad most of the time in Boston or Utah. I'm most allergic of all to mold, you see. And Seattle is a damp, moldy place.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing