Author Topic: More Grumpiness  (Read 41088 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
More Grumpiness
« on: August 16, 2005, 01:32:37 AM »
As far as I can see, no one has started a new grumpy thread since the last one got locked, so here I go.

I'm grumpy because I had grumpy things to grump about and no grumpy thread to post on.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: More Grumpiness
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 02:38:48 AM »
I'm grumpy because my neck hurts.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 03:33:09 AM »
I'm angry because Apple made it so amazingly hard to locate a specific song on your iPod and pull it off onto your computer. I finally got the song I wanted, but it took about a half hour.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 03:36:09 AM »
Try the iPod winamp plugin, it makes it easy to get stuff off the pod.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 02:43:18 PM »
I'm grumpy because Adobe is useless.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 03:00:21 PM »
I'm grumpy because I'm over-heated, tired, and I just lost my popsicle. I lost my popsicle to my ferret who decided she wanted it, thus climbed on my shoulders and got her tongue stuck.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 04:30:56 PM »
Hahaha! I realize that it's a grumpy thing for you, but the picture of that ferret stealing your popsicle is hilarious to me.

I'm grumpy because I should have been reimbursed for my expenses at ALA back about a month ago (ALA was TWO months ago), and I need the money, and all they are doing is griping that I didn't fill out the form right and that a supervisor didn't sign the second page of two pages. It's absolutely ridiculous to me that since the conference was over a weekend, you have to submit TWO reports, because of the week-ending date. Which throws off the receipts, because the hotel only gives you one receipt for the whole thing. What am I supposed to do, tell them to check me out and in again on the Sunday so that my company can have two receipts?

I could really use that money, dang it, and they just expect you to smile and pay off your corporate credit card with your own money and wait three months for a reimbursement, not to mention the $100 I paid out of my own pocket.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 03:05:27 PM »
I'm unhappy because Ari's going back to school in a week.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 03:12:17 PM »
I'm grumpy because JadeKnight just reminded me that I am going back to school in a week.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 03:19:26 PM »
What!  You said it yourself!

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 10:46:30 PM »
I'm grumpy because EUOL stole my name for a pirate queen consort to an evil-I'm-going-to-rule-the-empire strategic genius.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 02:46:03 AM »
I'm grumpy because I have to be at work in six hours, and I still haven't started my cleaning checks.  Stupid freaking BYU approved housing.  I haven't had cleaning checks in the last two years that I've lived here.  Why does the management have to start doing them now?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 01:22:39 PM »
I'm grumpy because the collection agency for the hospital just called and claims I owe them money for a bill I payed off months ago. They claim they don't have any records of any of my payments. Just when I thought I was done dealing with the hospital, now I have to drudge up my old records to try and prove my side to them. Incidentally, they always refute my side of the events no matter how much evidence I have against them and no matter how many times I point out that their records are wrong or outdated. Utah medical billers are completely incompetent and/or dishonest.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 01:24:01 PM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Legion

• Level 9
  • I am many within one
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 04:36:50 PM »
there has to be something illegal about them just harasing you about that........but that does suck
Without death there is no life

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 12:58:59 AM »
I had a dream that someone on TWG IMed me and said, "You deserve the Newbie Slapdown!" Internet people are really intimidating...