Author Topic: Gotta Love These "Author Signing" Guidelines  (Read 4795 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta Love These "Author Signing" Guidelines
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 02:57:07 PM »
We don't have unlimited space in our apartment, but we can fit a few people for sure, as long as you don't expect to be comfortable... People driving down might consider air mattresses, etc...

We live in Anaheim itself, but like 15 minutes from the convention center. Convention center parking is $9 per day, no in&out privileges. And there's only street parking at our apartment. (This is essential information for something like 9 months away.)

Ontario's close to an hour's drive.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 03:33:06 PM »
I haven't even thought about such things at this point. If I do go, there's a chance I'm going for work, myself, which will be nice.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 04:33:12 PM »
Stacer: Ah, now that's the ticket--going to a con on someone else's budget. Yay!

Ookla, thanks for the acommodation/parking tips. I realized that Ontario is about an hour away, but I figured it was a better bet than paying almost $100 for a hotel each night, and I didn't know if I could crash someplace closer. So it might be great to crash elsewhere even if it's cramped. I'll definitely keep your kind offer in mind. Thanks. :)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 04:47:02 PM »
Ookla! You actually live in Anaheim? Where?

I grew up in Anaheim off of LaPalma. I still have quite a few friends/acquaintances in the area that I plan on imposing upon for WorldCon.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2005, 05:51:36 PM »
Ball & Western. We go to church on Orange just west of Knott. And we can hear the Knott's Berry Farm fireworks every night...though we're not that close (as it's up off La Palma)...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 02:10:23 AM »
My grandparents lived in Anaheim for years.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 10:20:27 PM »
You live in Anaheim?? Why didn't I know this?  I just left there this morning at 6am.  We were there for GenCon SoCal and I was helping out demo for J.T.'s company.

I'm sad now I didn't get to see Ookla.   :(

Did you see anything on the news about the arsonist setting a fire on the 11th floor of our hotel last night?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 10:21:37 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 12:51:40 AM »
Ball & Western. We go to church on Orange just west of Knott. And we can hear the Knott's Berry Farm fireworks every night...though we're not that close (as it's up off La Palma)...

The Orange Avenue Building. I know that building very well. I grew up in the Cypress stake, in the Buena Park IInd ward and went to the Crescent Avenue Building.

Home, Sweet and Smoggy Home.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 01:59:35 AM »
Ah, smog. I'll get to enjoy that again when I move back to California.  :P
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 11:58:49 AM »
Did you see anything on the news about the arsonist setting a fire on the 11th floor of our hotel last night?

No. But then, I didn't watch the news... Was that you, or J.T.?

You should have come by.  >:(

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 03:20:38 PM »
Ah, smog. I'll get to enjoy that again when I move back to California.  :P

You're moving back to CA, Chimera? Soon or just something you plan on eventually? Did that internship for the New Era not come thru? I think you said they'd get back to you before Thanksgiving, right?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:21:24 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 03:59:27 PM »
I haven't heard from them yet.  :(

Even if I get the internship, I told them I wouldn't be able to do it until Spring or Fall of next year. I am moving home to try to get my health under control--I go through cycles, and it's been bad for awhile. So I'm not going to do school right now but go home and save money and get back on my feet again.

Life doesn't always go the way you would like. But it will be good to spend some time with my family and I may find I like California more than Utah, now that I am an adult.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 02:26:56 PM »
Ah. Well, I'm sad to hear that's why you're moving... :( I hoped maybe you'd just been bitten by the wanderlust bug or something. But at least you'll get the TLC you need, right? It's nice to know that you can rely on your family when your health or whatever blows up in your face. Still, I wish you were heading to CA under better circumstances...
Oh, and good luck with that special diet. My mom did something very similar. No yeast-bearing foods, no meat except rabbit, no sugar. Given that my mom was born with a major sweet tooth and that yeast is in just about everything these days, she wasn't such a fan of this diet. But if it works, then it's worth it. Best of luck!
--Spriggan