Author Topic: More Grumpiness  (Read 41064 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: More Grumpiness
« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2005, 07:47:05 PM »
I'm grumpy because girls suck.

Tage is cool, even though he thinks that girls suck.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2005, 12:53:11 PM »
Tage is cool, even though he thinks that girls suck.  

That's nice and all, but this is the *grumpy* thread. Take your positive attitude somewhere else, missy.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2005, 02:44:22 PM »
I'm grumpy because people are being happy in the grumpy thread.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2005, 04:03:52 PM »
I caught someone's cold, who shall remain nameless. Which had a little of the flu, I think, because I'm home today all achy and sleeping all day. I need medicine, but that would require leaving the house and changing from PJs, which isn't going to happen. So I'm eating some chicken soup and calling it good.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

cyan10101

• Level 6
  • the spice is vital for space travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2005, 04:15:39 PM »
i have had a sore throat for a couple of days now too:( i feel your pain.
everything was going fine, until i critically failed my intelligence check!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2005, 04:39:58 PM »
I'm still healthy, but I'm living in a house with three people, two are sick and one is getting sick. I have faith in my immune system, but I get to take care of everyone.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2005, 05:38:04 PM »
I'm grumpy because people are attacking me.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2005, 06:59:16 PM »
I'm grumpy because, in my endless job searching, I got a nasty rejection email. I usually have very think skin when it comes to getting rejected letter and emails (it comes from my many years of doing telephone surveys). But this rejection email was attempting to be well meaning but had to list multiple reasons why I'm not to sort of person that their "excellent" firm would hire. Just tell me that you don't have an opening and wish me good luck. There is no need to go into detail as to why you're not giving me a chance or why I am otherwise unworthy.

Maybe I'm cracking but when you're an unemployed lawyer trying to support a family of four by being a plasma donor ($200 a month, yea), I think I'm entitled to get a little irrate at a poorly thought out rejections letter.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2005, 06:51:48 PM »
I'm grumpy because people are attacking me.  

I had that problem with Zombies and Dark God Chuthulu the other night.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

cyan10101

• Level 6
  • the spice is vital for space travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2005, 02:35:35 AM »
man cthulu is bugging you too?  he asked me today for some money.
everything was going fine, until i critically failed my intelligence check!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2005, 08:27:07 PM »
Im working on his presidential campaign... after all why choose the lesser evil?
Not that I'm happy about it.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2005, 01:10:24 AM »
There is a guy in my karate class who is obsessed with martial arts movies. Now, ordinarily this would not have been a bad thing, but he gets a little carried away when he spars. For his rank, he should not be making any kind of physical contact at all, but in class he doesn't have any control.
Today, sensei had us sparring with at least two-to-one groups. This guy was knocked down, and in his rage, he kicked my knee sideways. He apologized profusely, and the class continued. He punched another guy in the nose, and was kicking and punching everyone below the belt.
This guy was the last one for the gang-up sparring today. Sensei announced that everyone was to attack him. He decided to run straight for me, so I went for a side thrust kick to his solar plexus. Well, the kick landed because he ran into it, and he grabbed my foot. I'm not sure what he did next, but my foot is very bruised, and when I came down, I landed right smack on my wrist.
Amazingly, it isn't broken. I'm not sure why it isn't, considering. It is, however, very badly sprained. There's swelling the size of a robin's egg over the inside wrist bone. I have it wrapped in a bandage, but I can't move it or put any weight on it. And doctor's orderd are that I keep it wrapped and don't use it for at least two weeks. It also hurts like heck.
I'm now half a typist--I wonder how they'll like this at work. This also seriously hampers my ability to compete in the tournament in three weeks.
So I'm grumpy because sensei needs to chew that guy out for his lack of etiquette and control.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2005, 04:15:23 AM »
That stinks, Oldie. It sounds like this guy is ruining the class for everyone.

I'm grumpy because I can't stop coughing and thus I can't sleep. Cough medicine no helpy. Me grumpy.  >:(

I'm also grumpy because I'm tired of limping. I'd like to fly every once in awhile (see my quote below if you are confused).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 04:16:30 AM by Chimera »
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2005, 04:19:04 AM »
Sounds like we're all sick this week or last, Chimera. Mine turned into another bad sinus infection, thankfully without a cough (though a little bit of chest congestion). Which means that all the cold meds out there conflict with the antihistamines I already take for my allergies. And I really shouldn't take sudafed at night. So, hopefully, I'll still get to sleep soon. Sleeeep.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2005, 10:09:50 PM »
It sounds like he just swept the other ankle out from under you. My suggestion, next time you are doing a bo kata, just happen to be near him, and just happen to get a decent rib shot in.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus