Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 22124 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2004, 10:43:47 PM »
Well, I've either saved or doomed my pocketbook.

I just borrowed the Warcraft RPG from a friend.  It will either satiate my need for all things Warcraft so I won't want WoW or will drive my need so I must have WoW.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2004, 10:47:09 PM »
lol, well maybe I'll wait then since one of the reasons I was going to buy it so soon was to play with both you and Fell.  But if you're pushing back your purchases I might too.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2004, 02:40:29 AM »
I'm probably buying it on release, but I can't guarantee anything until tomorrow. I had Horde and Alliance characters on the same server in the beta, so I assume it's possible. I wouldn't mind having two characters on different servers, though, so whatever you want to do.

By the way, it's 11:30 and I'm still at work. I think I should get WoW tomorrow solely as a reward for putting up with job for as long as I did.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2004, 03:52:56 AM »
Wallmart sells it at mignight and the servers are up at 1 pm MT.  So ya you could stop off on the way home and buy it.  

different factions on the same servers was supposed to be a beta only thing, but Blizz never confirmed that was going to be how it works at release so I'm just assumeing the worst.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2004, 05:17:01 AM »
So I called Walmart and they sold all 56 copies in less then 30 minutes, they said it was craizer then the Halo 2 release.

I'm fine for what ever you want to do Fell, I was planning on makeing a character just to play with the TWG people, since I know Fell (and Mr P if he buys the game) won't be spending hours at a time playing, so I can keep him close to the same level as you.  It dosen't matter what server you want to be on becasue of that.  Though if you go with the non-rpg server where my guild is I can pass equipment I find on my main down to us.  Of course that server is allready crowded since it was one of the 10 that opened at midnight PST.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2004, 09:21:03 AM »
if I ever get a computer with the capability of playing it, we should form a TWG guild with characters with our TWG names. That would be very nerdly.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2004, 09:32:31 AM »
Lol, I can tell you that I would NEVER get my name unless we all jumped onto a brand spanked new server in the first few mintues that it was created.  You couldn't use yours either SE since titles are banned and a GM will make you change it, and the chances are against you getting Ehlers.

edit:  So I've been talking to some people and it looks like everyone is playing Central and Pacific servers right now, mountian and east coast are barely touched (though i suspect east coast is getting full now that it's 8:30 there and stores have been open for 30 minutes).  Pacific has a huge amount becasue of all the friends of Blizz and such have been playing on those servers since last friday and the huge midnight sale fests going on.  Also pacific is expectied to get all the korean players since it's not out there yet, even though they're supposed to have US addresses and companies, amazon, EB, ect are banned by Blizz from selling games and pre-paid cards to them.  Though good ol' e-bay has people selling WoW internationaly for a heafty sum (about $100 for the game and another $100-$200 for a prepaid card, normaly $30, and an us address that the person can use).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:44:48 AM by Spriggan »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2004, 09:59:15 AM »
I could use Stehlers and claim to be a Pittsburg NFL fan.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2004, 12:27:12 PM »
Well, the rpg just fueled my need.

I'll probably get it, but it will most likely be more towards dec/jan

Nytwalker

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I don't do THOSE kinds of photos.
    • View Profile
    • Eyeris Images
« Reply #219 on: November 23, 2004, 08:06:59 PM »
Hey Everyone, this is Micah (yes I'm actually posting).

Just FYI, I am playing WoW on the Mountain Time, Kel'Thuzad (PVP) server..

I'm hoping Blizzard makes a RP-PVP server, in which case i will switch to there.

My main toon is named Tallos (orc hunter).  Love to see you there! Just send me a tell.

PS: I played on a PVP server for 2 weeks during Open Beta, never had a problem with griefers even at mid 30s when i was spending all of my time in Contested zones.  Sure, i got killed a few times, but at the same time, i DID a lot of killing as well.  Don't let fear of griefers scare you away from PVP
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 08:11:33 PM by Nytwalker »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2004, 08:40:15 PM »
Hah, Blizz has had a real rocky release.  Paypal dosen't work, the "forgot" to ship the game cards (wont see them until sometime next week), there are hour long waits to get onto some servers.  Glad I decided not to get in on the first days, I'll be more then happy to jump in once things are working on their end.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2004, 11:17:48 PM »
Well, I bought it today and just finished the three-hour installation process. I'll try Kel-Thuzad, but I'm going to look for a good non-PVP server as well, probably for Alliance. I'll stick to Mountain time, since low population on those servers means good things for us.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2004, 11:28:35 PM »
Sound good, hopefuly it wont be as bad for you as it is for others.

Once we get set on where we are and what we're doing for our RP servers I'll bug my guild to send a few people over and sign a charter so we can have a TWG guild if you want.  Need 10 signatures of people that are online at the time of creating the guild, so even with all the TWGers that are planning on playing we wont have enough.

Nytwalker

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I don't do THOSE kinds of photos.
    • View Profile
    • Eyeris Images
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2004, 12:09:49 AM »
Hey Fellfrosch, what is the name of your main on Kel'Thuzad?

I have a bunch of alts, you can try me on one of these as well:

Fiera (undead mage)
Rhuine (tauren warrior)
Naerom (tauren druid)
Brujo (troll shaman)
Sesino (troll rogue)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2004, 02:30:35 AM »
Yachmed, a tauren shaman. I've called Tallos a few times and nobody was home, I'll see if I can get you on any of these other names.