Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 22173 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2004, 03:16:33 AM »
You've officially talked me out of a PvP server. I wasn't especially interested to begin with, but it did sound fun; maybe someday if they get the borders tightened up a bit it could actaully work.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2004, 03:36:35 AM »
Mwahahahahahaha

Though now I have to convince you not to by WoW so I won't be tempted to buy it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2004, 10:25:01 PM »
I actually buy things solely so that you and Tage and others will jump on teh badwagon and buy them too. I enjoy being the merciless trendsetter who holds others unwillingly to my spurious whims.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2004, 03:09:47 AM »
Ya, and as soon as I "jump in" everyone stops playing.  >:(
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2004, 03:32:49 AM »
Spriggan - the PVP servers have the rule where you can't attack a person in their own territory unless they attack you first. You can't really grief apparently. And town guards are a lot worse so you can hold towns and stuff.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2004, 03:40:48 AM »
I said that Entropy, the starting zones (lvl 1-15) are the ones that aren't a free for all.  But that dosen't stop a lvl 60 from following you around and killing you repetadly once you leave those areas.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2004, 01:32:49 PM »
Yeah I looked up which areas were and were not Contested areas earlier, and almost every zone in the game is Contested, and thus free for PvP. I'm still planning on waiting to get the game at least until December sometime or maybe early January, but finding a Mountain time RP server to create Horde/Alliance characters on sounds great to me.

Beta's over if anyone here was still trying to play. I'm actually kind of glad, as I needed a break anyway.

So...we'll be making characters for an RP server, what race/class would you pick for our party?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 02:03:57 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2004, 03:58:34 PM »
I really dug the Dwarven hunter, because it had such a nice sense of economy--I'd hunt stuff, shoot it, skin it, eat the meat, make equipment from the pelt, and sell the rest. It was a self-sustaining cycle. And let me tell you that I make a mean blood sausage out of bear meat.

I'm kind of leaning back toward the undead now for a real character. Possibly a warlock, just because of the evilness involved, though I'm not really in the mood for another pet class.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2004, 06:23:11 PM »
For the Alliance, I'm leaning toward Druid, or possibly a Human Paladin. It takes like *no* effort to get between Stormwind and Ironforge, so that won't present a problem.

For Horde I'm having more problems deciding...I could probably be talked into most anything. Shaman or Rogue maybe.

Of course, if our party needed a Warrior, I'm good at that, so it'd work out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 07:04:17 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2004, 08:21:55 PM »
Undead warlocks are massively overdone - about half of all undead are warlocks :\
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2004, 10:38:09 PM »
and the other half are mages

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2004, 11:25:05 PM »
I always played a warrior, just because he looked cool.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2004, 03:27:55 AM »
There are only 2 horde classes that can be both mages and warlocks so undead get most of those classes becsaue the other mage is Trolls (in the beta they were about 4% of the total horde population) and people just think undead warlocks are cooler then orc ones.

Of course alliance is the same with mages and warlocks (though they use to have 3 races that could be a mage, in about augest Blizz removed Dwarfs from that list).

As for servers Blizz posted today there won't be an announcement as to what server names will be nor which ones will be live at release.  They said that there will be new ones comming on-line for the next week after relase.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2004, 10:16:23 AM »
Since I'm not jumping back on the bandwagon immediately anyway, that's perfectly alright with me. Oh, and Fell is right...mail/plate wearers do look cool. I've seen some pretty neat looking models in cloth or leather as well, but mail/plate wearers get the best stuff overall.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 10:17:34 AM by Prometheus »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2004, 10:28:50 PM »
Ok, so I'm not one able to easly resist peer pressure.  I'm going to be picking up WoW at release.  I am planning on playing with my guild in a PvE horde situation, but they're not going to be a RP guild.  So I was wondering if you'd consider doing the alliance as an RP characters and then makeing your horde characters on the server where my main will be?  I have no problem playing on several different servers (since, I don't beleave you can make both horde and alliance character on the same server), though it would be easier to only have to worry about 2.