Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 23612 times)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2004, 04:10:16 PM »
My brother is getting on the open beta & will be trying to get me to create a character to play with him. I'll try to get him to join server 8. If we go Horde I'm thinking about making a melee-based Orc Hunter.

A side note is that the Night Elf zones are difficult at best and impossible at worst to reach in the early levels, so they're not the best choice for making a character to party with others during a beta period this short.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 04:11:16 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2004, 07:25:09 PM »
Uhm, I reached stormwind when i was level 10. You will probably die, but the death penalties arn't that bad in WoW.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2004, 02:17:06 PM »
Yeah, there's some equipment degradation now, but it could definitely be a lot worse. Just wanted to bring up the travel problems night elves have in reaching the rest of the Alliance.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2004, 03:52:16 PM »
I finally got this sucker downloaded and installed, but the US realms are down until after lunch ends. So I might not be in until very, very late tonight.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2004, 04:01:31 PM »
I rolled up an Orc Hunter for Test 8 already, although I haven't logged in with him yet. I'm still working mostly with my closed beta Night Elf Warrior, though, as I'm only a few gold away from getting a mount, and I'll want to play with that some. I do intend to try out that Orc Hunter, or possibly a Shaman, though.

We should set up a meeting time for TWG folks to party together on Test 8 after we've had a chance to level up a bit. Maybe something like Friday evening at 8 PM Mountain time with level 10-12 characters in Ogrimmar or something?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2004, 04:02:35 PM »
I could handle that. Except that Entropy is a night elf, so we'd have to kill him.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2004, 04:04:48 PM »
I don't have a problem with that. Undead Warlock Fell?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »
Horde, bah. Play dwarves! I spend half my time in ironforge anyway.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2004, 04:09:25 PM »
I'm actually planning on making a dwarf as a secondary character, but...undead! How can I not make a dead guy? If I buy the game, it will be solely due to the fact that I can play a dead guy.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2004, 04:16:43 PM »
Bah! I won't be able to play with you guys unless its in the open, due to Blizzards retarded policies. US and EU will have seperate servers in the open. Which sucks.

I guess I could try making a Tauren though.

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2004, 01:17:08 AM »
Warlocks got royaly screwed with their high level pets and spells.  The pets are hostile to them and their part as well to the mobs.  Here's a write up from a guildy:

Curse of Doom: Does 3200dmg instantly 60 seconds after being cast on the mob. If the mob dies from this, then there is a large chance that a lvl 60 Doomguard is summoned right on top of the warlock. The Doomguard is hostile. Hits in the 250ish range, casts cripple and rain of fire. There's a chance to enslave I suppose, but with enslave lasting only 30-50 seconds at best plus costing a shard, this is rather worthless.

Ritual of Doom: Requires the 4 other people to complete. One person is chosen at random to die instantly and a lvl 60 Doomguard is summoned. Same deal as above. This is past the point of useless. Just downright dumb.

Inferno: This is the Infernal pet. It's a targetable AE spell, I believe. Summons the infernal down, doing 200 AE shadow dmg. After the initial 200dmg, the Infernal is HOSTILE. I repeat, what should be our most useful pet is HOSTILE to the warlock and their group. Lasts 15 seconds with a one hour cooldown The infernal hits in the 150ish range and has an AE immolate effect for 30dmg a tick. Oh, also requires a 50s reagent (I think) Super dissapointing.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2004, 01:40:10 AM »
I like the idea that Warlock pets are hostile--they are, after all, demons, and summoning a demon shouldn't be easy. There should be some kind of huge bonus to offset this, though, and I'm not getting the impression that there is.

I made a Dwarf Hunter on 8 named Wodin, and I an Undead Warrior named Fellfrosch. I'm really liking the dwarf, and haven't leveled Fellfrosch at all.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2004, 04:02:51 PM »
I actually haven't touched my Orc yet, since I my closed beta Night Elf finally got her mount last night and I was having fun traipsing around the Badlands with some guildies.

Maybe we should lower the expected level for the party on Friday down to 6-8 or something.

As far as the Warlock pets, I'd think that most Warlocks should be pleased in a weird sort of way. The fact that the Infernal is hostile to them is a bit odd, but as long as it fights enemy creeps as well, you should be able to work it out. Having friendly everyday Infernals wandering around just wouldn't seem right. Felhounds I could see being brought down to subservitude, but the demons of Doomguard & Infernal caliber shouldn't be pets in the traditional sense.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 04:07:17 PM by Prometheus »

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2004, 01:03:42 PM »
I got my Orc Hunter to level 7 this morning and I'll be off work around 6 PM, so I'll be available for partying after that. Whisper for Konaros.

On a side note, however, they seemed to be having difficulty with the airship going between Ogrimmar and the Undercity, so joining Undead and other Horde characters up might be tricky.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2004, 06:39:09 PM »
My only available WoW time has been in very small bursts, usually with a child or two in my lap, so I've been avoiding the undead. They don't like my Tauren as much as my Dwarf, but I've been trying to level him up for the meeting tonight. I might not be able to get on, but look for Yakmed.