Author Topic: is community service really nesassary?  (Read 11067 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: is community service really nesassary?
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2004, 12:52:34 PM »
Fine, after GRW I'll set up a chat script.  Until Fell aproves it It'll be hosted off site.

*Note:  The above statment is not a binding contract.  Please do not bug the poster if the statments made in this post do not happen
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2004, 02:24:52 PM »
Thats really messed up. How many students are in your school?

About 2000, give or take.  Plus employees and visitors we usually have about 2500 or more people in our school at any given time while it is in session

Sorry, sorry, If anyone else was on, I'd talk to them, but a lot of the times I'm on it's just like 2 other people. No more one on one convos...for good this time. And don't treat this like one of those "sucking up letters" or anything like that, I just really am sorry that I've disrupted the community on this board.

Don't be sorry, me thinks you are on more than the most of this board and therefor will have little conversations branch off.  Just don't have little conversations with your little rodent friend about how you slipped on the soap this morning and Boyo the Big Stick beat you up for  lunch money, as none of us would understand.  As long as it's something someone else will care aboot, don't worry aboot it.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2004, 03:44:52 PM »
Don't tell them not to be sorry.  If they don't have lives and can spend hours on the board that's not our problem!
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2004, 03:52:14 PM »
Uh, where have you been?

The fact that they don't have lives and spend hours on the forum seems to be what everyone is complaining about, and therefor is our problem...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2004, 03:54:56 PM »
well it *shouldn't* be our problem.

Which is why they should have a well-developed sense of guilt and maybe read the content of the site, so they can learn to waste time in other ways.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2004, 04:01:30 PM »
Well, that's possible.  Or maybe they can just type in a thing called a forum... It's a type of "place" online which you may type messages and recieve them back in a conversational pattern.  Oh, what, you need me to define conversational? ;)
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Sminja

• Level 10
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2004, 04:11:17 PM »

Just don't have little conversations with your little rodent friend about how you slipped on the soap this morning and Boyo the Big Stick beat you up for  lunch money, as none of us would understand.

Most of the time, this is not the stuff I say. T.F.O is the one who always says very very random things (except for when I made that story about the snowman in the forum). Anyway, I know that's not your point, as you are just trying to say that random stuff that no one else cares about is not welcome here. And don't stay mad, I will act appropriately. You have to admit though, if you review all my posts, that I have stayed more on topic than T.F.O., so my productiveness has gotten better. Anyaway, it is kind of hard not to reply to an interesting topic if the response before you is plausible and respond-able. As for who replies back, that's not my decision. Maybe if I just respond once and then if T.F.O. were to reply, just leave it at that? I don't know, but I really want to stay at this forum, because I think it is well established and interesting, and, agin, I'm sorry to have disrupted it.
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2004, 04:19:16 PM »
kinda.  Alright.  First off I have already deemed you the productive one.  As in, don't worry, for now at least I like you.  Secondly, if you wish to respond to something the rodent in the corner says, do so without worrying.  My point was really don't go off on a personal life tangent which is kinda an inside joke without sharing with the rest of the class or being in a position of authority, either one.  And don't share with the rest of the class if we don't care.  So all comes down to will we care, and if not, you know you should not say it.  Sometimes you two will have conversations because none of us want to jump in, or none of us are present.  Don't worry about those instances...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2004, 04:25:09 PM »
So, say, if me and T.F.O. were the only ones online, and we stayed totally on topic, we could talk? And if its something you guys would not care about, don't talk. Got it. I think...
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2004, 04:27:54 PM »
One more point.  The topic strays on it's own most the time.  I mean, this is a Community service thread on how to act in the forum!

Just don't force the topic off subject with something completely random.  Word Sense is a good way to get used to this if you don't get what I mean.  If you go back and look at any conversation, it's more than likely it didn't end how it started.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2004, 05:02:23 PM »
sam he's saying do what you've been doing, just keep it interesting and relevent, and stop labeling me as the unproductive one, these days i'm just as productive as you.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2004, 06:28:55 PM »
Well, yes, maybe, no...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2004, 06:29:31 PM »
?

Anyways, I think I get it now.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2004, 06:33:08 PM »
Good, now we may be able to continue a civilized discussion for an extended period of time "as a community", without a pinkbellying that is.  
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2004, 06:43:18 PM »
Yes. "As a community." Which brings us back on the topic of community service.