Author Topic: Yet more grumpiness  (Read 43633 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Yet more grumpiness
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2005, 08:22:13 PM »
moving it sucks worse...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2005, 02:09:19 AM »
Tomorrow we are driving 6 hours with three little children (ages 6, 3, 18 mo). It's at times like this I wish we had sprung for a portable DVD player. *sigh*

Heh. I can relate. I just drove to Omaha and back within a week with three boys (ages 7, 5, and 4). The DVD player was a lifesaver, but I did get tired of Robin Hood after the third time. Oooh de lally!

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2005, 07:46:12 AM »
Insomnia...it sucks.>:(
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2005, 08:38:11 AM »
I left home five minutes early and got to work an hour early. How does that make sense? Now I'm at work for a whole hour longer than I need to be.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2005, 08:48:58 AM »
But you do get paid for overtime right?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2005, 09:15:33 AM »
oh, little boy. You need to realize. when you get all growed up they give you a "salary" which is their way of saying "We're telling you that you can count on a defnite amount of money but what we really mean is that we're not ever going to have to pay you a minute's worth of overtime."

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2005, 09:19:18 AM »
Ignorance is bliss.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2005, 02:18:15 PM »
I hate cars. They are nothing but money sucking machines. If I didn't need one to get around I wouldn't have one. This week alone I had to have to oil pan, a CV boot and front axil replaced (for which I paid a mechanic huge amounts of money to do something that I could have done myself if I had the tools). I also replaced the windshield wipers and will probably replace the headlights (no expensive mechanic needed) next week. My brakes are also wearying down and I learned today that my calipers are rusted and will need to be replaced (which is expensive whether I do it my self or have it done by a mechanic).
Why can't a car be built so that it don't need to be repaired all the time? Or maybe my problem is that I drive a vehicle that is starting to show its age/mileage.
I miss being able to ride the bus.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2005, 09:41:20 PM »
Cars suck. One of ours died on the highway because of transmission problems and then in the same week the other one did so too, the transmission was also shot.

I don't know what is worse; not being able to sleep all night or falling asleep at ten o'clock and not waking up until the sun has set. I hate my sleep patterns.>:(
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 10:01:59 PM by OneEyedGreenPerson »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2005, 11:12:08 PM »
outsourced tech support in India sucks, especially when they pretend they are from California. It doesnt make me more comfortable when you call yourself Jill and try to tell me amusing anecdotes about how everyone is in the spirit of new years... You arent in California, the little hints you dropped gave you away. Anyway you couldnt do the thing I needed you to do... fix my internet connection.

No I had to figure it out for myself.

Best tech support line every,...

"Oh that cant be true..."

In response to me telling them that my computer was not only shut off but not connected to the modem or anything else.

I even unplugged my wireless network to facilitate them sending a new signal to the modem...
yeah that was productive...

idiots.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2005, 04:15:57 AM »
So I'm being grumpy because there were some new procedures incorporated where I work. And of course the people working before me completely ignored them so I had to spend over an hour doing their jobs.

I'm also grumpy about how quickly this thread seems to grow.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2005, 04:21:14 AM »
It's not all bad, alot of the growth of this thread comes from consolation of grumpy posters.

Hope that your co-workers stop being stupid.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2005, 05:08:11 PM »
So, it's New Year's. And what is New Year's notorious for? That's right. Drunk driving. Why? Because people are stupid. And because they are stupid, I can't stay late at a friend's house because the roads are unsafe when coming home late. Way to go stupid people, you have yet again given me a reason to hate you.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2006, 02:25:24 AM »
I hate everyone again, because I am stuck at home, by myself, on New Years.  This sucks.  I am also trying to catch up in my journal as my last major project before I go home, which means I am reliving the last four months of my life, which have been both wonderful and freaking horrific.  Reliving this is not a fun experience, but the up side is, once it's done, I don't have to feel guilty about omitting it from my journal, and I never have to write about it again.  

Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2006, 11:00:48 PM »
 :-[

Miss you, Fishy. When do you get back in town?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 11:01:13 PM by Old_One »