Author Topic: Happy Things 2006: Generation X  (Read 38080 times)

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things 2006: Generation X
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2006, 02:08:47 PM »
My in-laws are renting a car for me, so that I can take a trip to Utah this weekend and surprise my mother (whose birthday happens to be on Easter).

P.S. 42, don't tell mom even if she already suspects it.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2006, 09:20:38 AM »
My in-laws are renting a car for me, so that I can take a trip to Utah this weekend and surprise my mother (whose birthday happens to be on Easter).

P.S. 42, don't tell mom even if she already suspects it.

What will you pay me to keep quiet?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2006, 01:14:49 PM »
42, if you stay quiet, I let you see your cute and chubby nephews. Isaac will tackle you and Leif will wipe his nose on you. They are soo much fun.

Also, I won't advise mom and dad to cut you out of their will (if they ever write one).

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »
42, if you stay quiet, I let you see your cute and chubby nephews. Isaac will tackle you and Leif will wipe his nose on you. They are soo much fun.

Also, I won't advise mom and dad to cut you out of their will (if they ever write one).

There will never be a will, and I have many other nephews.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of I would really like to not have to attend my Abnormal Psych class on monday. But the instructor grades on attendence, even though there really is no reason to show up since all my instructor does is repeat stuff from the book and if you have a question he tells you to reread the book. Course, if a certain lawyer were to sit in my seat and aswered to my name...

That would be a happy thing.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2006, 07:41:27 PM »
Not that I wouldn't want to do that for you 42, but I will be leaving early monday morning so I can catch my Corporate Taxation class (S Corps and liquidations). Unfortunately, the dictator that teaches the class does take attendance and ask questions and if a student responds "I don't know" then it counts as an absence and if a student misses more than three classes they are not allowed to take the final exam (which is 100% of the students grade). The dictator also knows who I am (because he is the dictator/director for the program and we are both lawyers) and would call on me if he suspected anything (which is likely to happen because you would smell funny to him, 42). Thus it would be best if I didn't miss his class.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2006, 09:53:36 AM »
I have an easy button at work.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »
My friend has one too.... but it is broken, cause I am always hitting that thing..... Just my luck some business in Somalia is up to it's eyeballs in whiteboards and toner.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2006, 11:23:33 AM »
Oh happy day, kaloo kalay!! My mngr just told us that Person's "unofficial" corporate policy for Good Friday is that we can leave at 1pm. Hooray!!!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2006, 02:19:44 PM »
I got my 40 Years of X-Men on DVD. Took forever for it to ship, but it was worth the wait. Now I just need a lot of perusing time.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2006, 12:38:22 AM »
A dog of the house of Capulet moves me.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2006, 11:17:02 PM »
For the first time ever, I'll be living without a roommate!! Yay! I found this super apt in Quincy that's affordable and has everything I wanted. 1 br, eat-in-kitchen w/ great appliances and disposal, storage space, walk in closets, lots of wood paneling, good-sized bedroom, safe neighborhood, utilities incl. except elec., plenty of parking!! Wow.

Dang good price in this expensive rental market, too. I didn't even have to sign a lease or pay 2 1/2 months' rent, just first month's and a $200 deposit. I'm so exicted to move in over the next few days. Just gotta finish my final school projects first.... blah!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:18:05 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2006, 01:22:18 AM »
Yay Shrain! Good for you. Living alone can be lonely, though, I'll warn you. Does it include heat? That's the most important thing with utilities in Boston apartments. I lived in a house my first winter there and we were spending over $100 *a piece* on heat in a 5-br house every month for oil heat. But of course, then you move to Seattle and everything's electric, and barely any utilities are included, but then you realize you never have to have the heat on full-time except in the "deepest" of winter.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2006, 09:20:49 AM »
shrain, that is some awesome apartment hunting. I need you to find a place for me to live. Come down. We'll feed you until you are successful.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »
Yay Shrain! Good for you. Living alone can be lonely, though, I'll warn you. Does it include heat?

Thanks! As for including heat, you-bet-your-earmuffs-it-does. :D Hooray! Believe me, I experienced heating bills first-hand. Wowzers, heating cost *so* freakin' much. I'm just amazed at how great a deal and nice a place this is. All I have to pay is electric and internet/cable.

About the loneliness... yeah, I've thought about that a lot. But for some reason everything worked out, and I'm excited to give it a try. I mean, I kept trying to arrange things with other LDS girls who needed roomies but nothing was working out. (I didn't want to change wards, for instance, or pay a ton for parking, etc., etc.)

Now, as for those parties who are interested in my apartment-finding abilities, a payment in the amount of $400 should be sent directly to my paypal account. Then we'll talk meals. ;)
--Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »