Author Topic: City of Heroes  (Read 25295 times)

Jacky Boy

Re: City of Heroes
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2004, 07:03:10 AM »
I have taunt Jack, but it's soo hard to allwayse be switching between targets, so ya I think Provoke would be a better power.  I think it's strange that the AOE taunt is a pool power and not availible to Tankers as part of their normal power set

You and Tankers both, Spriggan. Luckily, the Devs have responded - and are currently contemplating putting a minor 'Provoke' in every Tanker melee attack. Which would be very nice indeed. As the game is now however, every Tanker bar Invincible ones needs Provoke - at least if they have any desire to actually be effective in Hazard Zones, Trials, and Task Forces. If you will never do any of these, then you dont need it.

But why miss out on the best part of the game just to avoid one power?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2004, 07:37:47 AM »
Ya I'm going to pick it up at lvl 12.  I was wondering if there's any reason to actualy have taunt?  Since I get a respec at 24 (from the quest) I was planning on getting rid of taunt then, but I wont if it's useful over provoke in certain situations.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 07:38:08 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2004, 08:27:48 AM »
I think that Taunt is better at actually taunting. That would be the obvious assumption. I've not even got taunt on SSG, waste of a power slot. I've got a level 7 tanker with it though.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Jacky Boy

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2004, 08:54:46 AM »
I cant be sure - so dont go by me - but yes, I believe Taunt is more effective, and never misses. I also recall something about it being faster and longer range than Provoke, but Im not sure about that one. The Master Tankers (what few there are) swear by both - Provoke is good for getting lots of mobs on to you, but occasionally - when that one mob is half-way across the room, beating on the controller - its best to use Taunt. Especially if youre Invulnerable and cant move.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2004, 12:30:03 PM »
Hey Entropy, when are you going to have time this week to help my Defender with some annoying quests?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2004, 01:12:47 PM »
Oh, i've got loads of time, I just need to work out why my credit card got rejected for no reason by Mystic this month.

And I need to drag myself away from Deus Ex 2.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
So I finally got around to adding pictures to the latest blog. Don't hate me, my hurts and I can barely see the screen.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2004, 03:39:38 PM »
Taunt would be cooler if it actually put up a taunt in a speech bubble: "Die Scum!" and the like.

Also, even though I'm not in that screenshot, my electrical beams of death are pretty easy to spot. Go UXB!

That guy in  the lower left, by the way, with his little checkered pants, was a doof to play with. He was usually pretty good, though he'd occasionally get bored or something and teleport into the middle of a huge group of bad guys, getting himself and half the group killed. I died twice in that stupid mission. Spriggan was one of the better players in that 7-person group, I have to say; it takes a lot to know how to play a tanker, especially sidekicked from 8 to 22, but he handled the mobs quite well.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2004, 08:51:14 PM »
Holy crap the servers or something are all wacked out right now, I cannot go for more then 30 seconds without getting disconected or lagging horrible (looseing connection).  It took me about 10 mintues to get to the top of a building via a fire excape, for every floor I lagged out twice.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2004, 06:58:50 AM »
So I reached 10 with Kea tonight and got hover, it's not much fun to fly around with that slow as a turtle spell, but what is fun is being right above someone and useing Gale (which knocks mobs back) and watch them bounce up and down on the cement.

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2004, 10:59:07 AM »
Hover can be a decent travel power but you have to slot it out. It does give you a defensive boost though so that's something at least :)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2004, 07:50:48 AM »
So after teaming with UXB the other night, Blaze decidied he'd like to have a ranged Blaster attack.  Since UXB wasn't on last night he borrowed her's.

http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/coh/coh14.jpg  

Also I was bored and was messing around with the character generator and came up with a design I liked so much I went ahead and made a Muntant controller with.

http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/coh/coh15.jpg

Name is The Dead Feild and he's an Earth/radiation controller.  I was realy devided between Gravity/radiation or Earth/radiation, but I ended up going with earth becasue I wanted a pet.  And, wow, earth is a powerfull, I don't kill things fast, but I can keep whole groups immobolized while I kill them.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2004, 09:31:55 AM »
new blog, new obscure movie references.

The_Jack

• Level 1
  • All Hail Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2004, 11:35:58 PM »
You know, I always love reading the blog because its fun to see the reactions to stuff in the game. Before I take U and crew on wild adventures, Ive usually fought a few missions against the foe - so Im aware, and Ive lost my sense of wonder. The blog gives me that back. Plus, its always fun seeing myself mentioned as such a sterling upright citizen, when in fact Im crazy, given to rushing in to bad situations only I can survive, and just generally dangerous to my team. If it werent for Father Duffy, Im sure we would have all died many times more than we should have.

Incidentally, Ive queued up a special mission or two, U - so if on Friday night you have a spare hour or two, Ill get the rest of the posse together and we'll go check out... Oranbega.

Oh, Jacky Boy has become The Jack. I registered at last. Yay!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2004, 12:40:07 AM »
I've been there. It's pretty damn cool. Though I must question precisely where the population live. Lots of corridors, few rooms.

Though Blazing Fury looked at the blog and read this thread, and then said when we saw some bookcases that JP would like the pr0n they undoubtedly held. I laughed myself silly. JP's freakiness is becoming widespread knowledge :D

Fellfrosch