Local Authors > Stephanie Fowers

AWOL

<< < (7/9) > >>

guitarbabe:
Aighhhhh!!! I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I did try to write a month ago and it kicked me off and then...

Well, I shaved off a hundred and fifty pages off one of my sf books. I'm so proud...I think it might actually be better now!

The Aladdin Jr. play went well. The kids didn't rebel.

And...oh, time is so precious because I know I'll get kicked off pretty soon, but in about a month I think I'll have better internet. Yeah, you care, but I care.

Anyway, I miss you guys too!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock:
Well, it's good to see that you are still alive at least. I don't think TWG could have handled the loose of a published author. Especially one of LDS "chick lit."

stacer:
When your internet gets better, I have some fellow Covenant chick-lit authors to introduce you to. Did you ever read Meridian Magazine's "A Single Thought" column?

Spriggan:
Since her internet has to "get better" does that mean its sick?

House of Mustard:
I read A Single Thought all the time, because my next book's protagonist is a thirty-ish single female, and I'm trying to get a better handle on what makes them tick.  Generally, I find it entertaining and interesting.

However, a recent column included a bizarrely hypocritical (and funny) statement.  She begins by talking about she has four make-or-break issues with guys.  She makes a few slight consolations, trying to imply that she's not OCD, but says these things:

--- Quote ---Why should I be with a man who can’t take care of me properly?  I do a great job of taking care of myself now and I won’t settle for life, let alone eternity, with someone who does a second rate job of it.

Men need to step up to the plate and be good enough for the women.  I can’t remember the last time I actually met a single man who was not only good enough, but also smart enough to be asking out women.
--- End quote ---

Her four issues are these:
1. Dependibility
2. Fingernails
3. Blushing
4. Shower Curtains

So, after making these statements, and presenting herself as an extremely particular person, who likes things just a perfectly certain way, she makes the following rant about men:

--- Quote ---I actually do meet “good enough men” upon occasion.  They just tend to be the same exact men who are too busy to be dating, or too focused on finding a perfect conifer that they miss the trees for the forest.[/b]

--- End quote ---

Hello pot?  It's kettle.  You're black.

I've read and re-read the paragraphs, and I swear she doesn't mean this tongue-in-cheek.  (Or, if she does, it doesn't come across that way.)

Here's the full article: read it, because maybe I'm wrong.  http://www.ldsmag.com/singlethought/060510curtain.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version