Author Topic: What do you want for a Christmas present  (Read 7332 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
What do you want for a Christmas present
« on: December 24, 2003, 01:38:53 AM »
This is not a sit on Santas lap kinda thing.
I think I want a new Computer, a shiney white or metallic laptop with a huge screen.
Barring that I want enough free time to game!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 01:39:51 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: What do you want for a Christmas present
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 07:37:06 AM »
time to game v. new computer kit.... ooo that one's hard...

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 09:34:06 AM »
lets see I kinda got my presents a few monts ago.  I got a new bed and a laptop  ;D  and that's what I wanted.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 05:32:30 PM »
I want to have time to go down to Columbus to visit our friends Rich and Jen.  I wish we lived near them.   :(
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 06:19:59 PM »
I wish i could afford a rock hard pc, and a tv so i can put it in my room and get on Xbox live.

Oh wait - i can afford that already! :D

Happy christmas!
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 11:22:50 PM »
well, the Christmas Eve ritual opening of ONE present went well. I got the Indiana Jones boxed set (widescreen, natch). Just finished Raiders.

/me is pleased.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2003, 01:34:39 AM »
All I want is to marry someone incredibly rich, so I never have to work again.  Mwaahaahaa.  Probably won't happen, but I can always dream. ;D
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 04:42:40 PM »
Well, I managed to snag a 128 flash stick, which I was wanting.  Other highlights: 3 cd's, 1 dvd, some books, a really expensive pen, and socks.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2003, 05:04:38 PM »
I managed to get two white shirts that I didn't ask for. Car floor mats which don't go with my car, and a 6 year old copy of the board game "adaptation" for Myst, which doesn't look nearly exciting enough to justify the exclamation points.

However, I also got Hulk and Time Bandits on DVD, and I can't turn my nose up to that. The floor mats and the shirts can always be exchanged, so I made off pretty good. At least I didn't get any non-exchangeable hardcover books that don't interest me at all.

Interesting story: I rented disc 3 of 24's second season last night (hey, 4 day weekend, great time to watch a bit, right?) My wife got sarcastic: "Like you're not going to get anything to watch tomorrow" she says (yeah, but I only got about 14 hours of material). She got, however, the A&E Pride and Prejudice, which I explained was HER "24" (it's at least that long). She also got some VERY nice cooking pans, incidentally, which I'm almost considering mine as well.

despite my best efforts, my attempts to innundate the girls with SFF toys they'll like have failed. Despite bringing in FIVE barbie sized dolls from Star Wars and LotR, I still accounted for less than half of the "Barbies" brought into my home. Yeah, I pretty much give up (not entirely true, the Princess Leia dolls are the current favorites after 9 hours)

Anyway, been a fun materialistic Christmas. Lots of fun stuff. But we had spiritual sides too. Lots of fun surprises of service and nice prayers and wonderful stories. It's been a good Christmas.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2003, 07:48:25 PM »
El Jeffe = Bandit
or thats how I feel this christmas since I made off like one. I should preface this post by saying I didn't ask for one single thing this year. Sure I had hopes that my friends and loved ones would get me cool stuff, but I never asked for or expected a thing. And then my family overwhelms me. Im sure it had something to do with my unofficial tithe this year. Presents for the less fortunate at the giving tree, and for friends that need things that they cant afford with 3 children. Anyhow to make a long story short my Mom gave me a nice kenneth cole watch (which goes nicely with my new Italian boots! :) ) and a pair of black lowrise Chuck taylor all stars. Plus I got the standard christmas underwear set, undershirts, boxers, dress socks etc. I then discovered that this was the year of the Pens. My first pen of the year is one of those super cool laser light up pens. My stepmom gave me that one in my stocking and I played with it like it was some sort of crack cocaine pen. My wife god me a mad scientists brain juice pen (one with one of those pressurized hourglass like jobs filled with colored ethyl alcohol that boils at a touch) and my mother in law got me an awesome quill calligraphy pen. It was also the year of high class shaving stuff. My wife got me a nice set of stuff from penhaligons of London, (soaps, aftershave, shaving soap and a black marble shaving soap bowl). So now Im well groomed and smelling nice.
Throw in the Battlestar Galactica and Firefly boxed sets and Im in nice present overload. Which is when my step parents threw a nice cherry on top of the pile, a $200 gift certificate to the Apple computer store for me and another for my wife. She can now buy her new shiney I pod and I can put mine toward a new computer for publishing. I hope everyone had a Christmas as good as mine!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 01:20:10 AM »
My best present of the day was The Beverly Hillbillies on DVD. I've been watching it all day. It's mainly the first season, episodes I don't remember ever watching as a kid (it was on TV in reruns). I got a couple DVDs of the Andy Griffith show, too, and a Shirley Temple movie, but I'm not real sure whether I want to keep them.

I was kind of glad that my family wasn't nearby when I was opening my presents, because I would have felt bad if they'd seen my confusion, especially with this: my sister told my grandma my size, and between them and the woman at Walmart, somehow they thought I was 4 sizes larger than I am and had lost all sense of color and fashion.  :P I got 3 shirts, all rust-colored tents. So they're going back to the store, and in return I plan on coming back with Bend It Like Beckam and Pirates of the Caribbean.

My sister sent my present over a week ago Priority Mail, and it was supposed to be here last week, and I still haven't gotten it.

Okay, so I'm pouting. But I did have a good day. We watched Beverly Hillbillies, then we went out to Brother Nelson's house, who's a member of the bishopric. About 8 or 9 of us who were still around for Christmas joined his family for Christmas dinner and caroling. It was really nice.

Also, between my mom and my roommate, I got 2 gift cards for Barnes and Noble. Books are my drug of choice.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 01:33:15 AM »
sorry about the tents, but congrats on all the other gilt!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2003, 03:29:22 AM »
I ended up with a cool T-shirt, a ticket to Return of the King for today (opening day in Australia) a CD/DVD shelf, a Wok, a  toaster that is incredably geeky-cool, with digital functions (I plan to case-mod it!) the DVD La Vita E Bella (Life is Beatiful, a great film) a road map for Brisbane, and coolest of all, a starter and booster of Heroclix.

Pretty impressive, and I'm very happy, having just seen ROTK half an hour ago.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 04:01:27 AM »
I like the idea of a case mod for a toaster..... and I saw la bella vita a few weeks ago. Great film...

Oh I got some nice cookbooks including Ming Tsai's new one if you want a few asian fusion recipies to go w/ your wok Jam

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2003, 04:22:27 AM »
Sounds cool. Send 'em over.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy