Author Topic: Superfly Night crew Dialogs...  (Read 20205 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Superfly Night crew Dialogs...
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2005, 04:03:17 AM »
Software wise you cant beat a mac for OS IMHO, Currently I have an iBook g4 Mac and I plan to get a Mac Mini to do my podcasting from...

But yeah I think an iMic will go with a PC.

Macs have always had a built in microphone, but I wanted a better quality one to do some recording...

I was asking because I might want someone to help out with a podcast from time to time, and I can do it with some software I just got, but it has to be through a program most people find odious... at least on the PC side...

I use iChat and my old account through Aol IM Express
But non iChat folks need to use IM to get audio and video with me (well eventually video) I cant stress how cool IM will be in a few months when Apple and Aol go to multiple audio and video feeds in the same chat (up to 4 video and 10 audio)

Old One I say get the mac, but wait untill they come out with their new build of OSX in a few months. Its called Tiger and its slick...

Id even say get the mac mini on the education discount and use all your old pc periphials (monitor, keyboard, mouse)

But thats me Im the rabid mac champion on the board...
still I likes a computer you can hold in you hand...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2005, 04:06:01 AM »
If you are a gamer, then you want a PC, easy as that.  If you're not into video games, then I'd just go with the cheapest, but keep in mind that PCs are more popular and so you are going to find more stuff for the PC than the Mac.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2005, 04:07:35 AM »
I'm using my insomnia to my advantage and doing my taxes. I'm missing one form, but I figured I'd at least estimate it and do everything else, save it, and all I have to do when the form comes in is fix that one data figure, and send it on it.

Well, if I estimated correctly (I could be off by a few hundred dollars, but not a whole lot), I'm going to be getting a HUGE refund this year. Heaven bless whoever thought of the Lifetime Learning Credit. I've been worrying and worrying about how I'm going to live the last month of class, because my student loans didn't quite make it all that way. I've been looking for a part-time job, but nobody's even called me back for an interview, and I've been really trying to stretch things, but there's only so much it can stretch.

What a huge blessing. I can't tell you how relieved I am that I'll be able to eat in April and early May.

Now, to find a part-time job anyway, so I can also afford to move, if I end up doing that. And live a couple more months, if I end up having no income for a little while after graduation.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2005, 04:08:43 AM »
Good for you, I wish I was doing my taxes right now

As for programs availible for mac and pc, in my experience its just been games. Im using Microsoft Office as my work suite right now for instance... beyond that almost any useful program is availible on mac, and since its a Unix based system you can run unix programs like a dream too.
And if your that worried about it microsoft makes a version of windows that you can run from osx.

I priced the Mac Mini for you at $736.00 with a BYU discount, and thats with a DVD burner... 80 gigs of Hard drive space and 512 mb of RAM

Unless you intend to do tons of video or audio editing 512 ram on a mac is great...

80 gig hd could be a little small, but they make good external HD's now...

I love my Mac, my whole attitude toward computing changed the minute I 86ed my old laptop and bought my new one...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:12:11 AM by ElJeffe »

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2005, 04:10:02 AM »
Computers are getting cheap nowdays... its amasing.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2005, 04:11:06 AM »
What a huge blessing. I can't tell you how relieved I am that I'll be able to eat in April and early May.

I think everyone is relieved to hear you will be eating for a two-month peroid.  That would be quite the fast. ;D

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2005, 04:14:11 AM »
You could always start a blog and have a paypal donation page...
and then not declare it  ;)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2005, 04:16:18 AM »
Or get some pet monkeys and train them to steal food.  Or if you're not into the whole stealing thing, start hawking as a hobby and they can bring you back rabbits and stuff.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2005, 04:16:53 AM »
or have the monkeys take up hawking and then sell tickets...

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2005, 04:18:33 AM »
Ninja monkey scaplers?

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2005, 04:18:44 AM »
I'm thinking the ninja monkeys would object to such use of their kin.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2005, 04:19:33 AM »
And I meant sell tickets observe the monkeys while they hawk.  

Stacer-no, thats just the kind of thing they like to do after wallowing in hot butter
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:20:44 AM by ElJeffe »

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2005, 04:20:33 AM »
Sweet buttered monkeys!

I'm off to bed, though. I can at least stop worrying about one thing, so perhaps I'll be able to relax a little better.  :)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2005, 04:21:18 AM »
Yep Im off to bed too....

Gotta get up before 10...

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2005, 04:22:09 AM »
night then. :waves: