Author Topic: Battle for the Superfly Night Crew  (Read 20006 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for the Superfly Night Crew
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2005, 06:54:33 AM »
Everyone and their dog is going to read this tomorrow morning and neither of us is ever going to hear the end of it.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2005, 06:56:05 AM »
I know... oh well, I'm happy enough not to care.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2005, 06:59:14 AM »
You're going to kill me if you keep this up.   :)

Email sent.  Can you check to make sure you got it?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2005, 07:00:15 AM »
Yeah I got it.  I'll call you tomorrow then.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2005, 07:02:17 AM »
Okay.  I should be around.

I have got to get some sleep, though, or I'm not going to make it out of bed tomorrow.   ;D

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2005, 07:02:47 AM »
Cool.  Goodnight.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2005, 07:03:17 AM »
Night.   ;)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2005, 08:53:31 AM »
Ok, I admit, I only read the last page of these. Was I witnessing a hookup? That's so CUTE!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2005, 09:36:48 AM »
also:

I'm going to have to find a way to close the message board after I go to bed so I can preserve my highest post count status :D

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2005, 09:44:31 AM »
Ya, I thinking we should move SFNC to a chat or something. It's not realy hurting anything (server wise), but we did kinda chew others out for doing the same thing when they were new members of the board.  and they are voilateing several rules

SECOND ITEM: Avoid 'Spam' posting.
Spam posting is when you post a short, pointless post to a thread without contributing anything.   When you post, try to make certain that your post is on-topic and valuable to the discussion.  Don't divert the thread, and don't simply post a smiley face or a 'lol.'  Many of the forum users employ the 'show the last ten posts' function to see what topics are hot.  If all they get are a bunch of one-word posts, they tend to get annoyed.

SIXTH ITEM:  Don't post to a thread twice in a row.
If you have something to add, just go back and edit your old post.  Don't hold conversations with yourself--it annoys people.

And the previously hinted at "Don't make threads that for haveing conversations that could be done over IM" that we make Achron and his friends follow.

On the plus side SFNC does make our boards look busier.  Oh well, not my call.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »
I don't think they're violating any rules.  There are usually more than two people involved, and they look like they're generally having interesting conversations that could be of interest to anyone who happened to be surfing at the time.  They aren't fowling up the 'last ten posts' idea, since there aren't other conversations going on to be fowled with.

All in all, I think the existence of these threads is very healthy and helpful for the board.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2005, 09:50:28 AM »
It does seem they would be better served by chat, but since Jeffe is at work, I'm not sure that's something that's available to them. THe thing that was annoying about what Archon was doing was that it was just two of them.  With the SFNC, there are a good 4 or so usually. I think unless a lot of people complain about it, with better reasons than preserving my king of post count thing, I'm inclined to let them do their thing

edit: I just locked all the SFNC threads but this one. I'll lock whatever's open besides the last one each morning, unless Jam does it first. The SFNC does a good job keeping to one thread though, and pointing each other to it when it's not seen, and I like that.  I'll probably also put something up in the "Your Guide" thread for this discussion, so people have a chance of understanding what the heck you're doing here all night.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:59:24 AM by SaintEhlers »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
I wasn't really implying that the threads should be banned, but I wanted to raise the points.  Though I do agree they would be better suited by IRC, but circumstances prevent that.

Also they do consolodate maby possible pointless threads into on so there's less for me to have to sort through.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
  • Captain Morgan - The Nectar of the Gods...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2005, 10:58:35 AM »
Also they do consolodate maby possible pointless threads into on so there's less for me to have to sort through.

Come now Sprig! You too have enjoyed a time or two spent with the SFNC. A chat might be better, but in some way these threads allow us to talk about many things at one, and it's in the rant section. Instead of whineing about something, we are rambing for the rants. Also, Everyone is included who would want to join in the conversation and added to it in whatever way they can. That being said.

You guys beat the reconrd without me  :'(

And I messed a hookup!  :'(

+ side though, I think the labor fairy is coming very soon.  ;D
"Why make billions when we could make ......... millions?" - Dr. Evil
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/drevil.wav

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2005, 11:09:20 AM »
I've posted a few times, but I don't care much for idle chatting threads or I'd be in them more.  It's nothing against any of you guys, it's more to do with my view on the matter.  Just like I hate chatting on the phone, the only worthwile conversations are those done in person.