Author Topic: One reason TO hate Italy.  (Read 6737 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: One reason TO hate Italy.
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 01:53:10 PM »
I'll classify myself as an idealistic pessimist who wishes he could be an optimist.

I think it ridiculous to believe that Bush is something like a Hitler. I don't believe he's trying to take over the world and run everything.

But I also don't believe that this is going to kick off a series of events that frees a series of nations either.

Just my two bits. Only watching will show which of us is right on this one.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2005, 08:00:26 PM »
On another topic...

today china's ruling party voted overwhelmingly to use military force if Taiwan fails to roll over and renounce its independance. Watch Europe fail to say anything.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2005, 08:18:48 PM »
no, they authorized the potential use of force if Taiwan ever officially declares it's independence. There is a vast difference there. it means they have not authorized force if Taiwan does nothing.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2005, 08:27:01 PM »
like it has done for 50 years...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2005, 09:24:44 PM »
Alles!!!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2005, 01:18:36 AM »
Wow. That's very impressive.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the news--I heard ahead of time that rally was planned, but didn't catch the result of it.

Very cool.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2005, 11:58:10 AM »
Yeah, I'll officially look at that as a good thing. Hopefully it will come to real change. I guess all eyes are on it to see.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2005, 12:32:01 PM »
I wonder why the mainstream media failed to catch that...
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2005, 12:43:11 PM »
?  It was well covered on the FOX web page.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2005, 12:56:12 PM »
Ah...  see, I only read CNN and MSNBC.  Maybe it was there, but it wasn't a headline.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2005, 01:07:04 PM »
The really amazing thing is that Lebenon is a nation of  3,777,000.  And over 1,000,000 showed up
That is over 1/4 of the nation's population showing up at a freedom rally
That is an amazing sign

To give a comparrison
That would be the equivelant of a rally in the USA with 120,000,000 to 150,000,000 people showing up
Can you ever think of a time where 150 Million Americans felt strongly enough about an issue to show up at a protest/rally?

Oh and I am sure that some people are thinking about that pro-Syria rally in Lebanon last week.  
Here is a fun fact
in that pro-Syrian Rally was 1/3 of the work force of........

Syria!!!

Thats right.  The Syrian Government and pro Government organisations bussed their own people into Lebanon to stage an anti-freedom rally
That seems an awfully desperate measure,  I think we know why now.  

Syria has an American Military, that has demonstrated that it will not be halted by beurocratic smokescreens in the UN, sitting at it's back door.  It has 1/4 of the population of Lebanon VOCALY demonstrating against them on the other side.  And it has it's own opressed people inside it's own boarders looking to the government to see if it is as strong as they thought.  If it's not, maybe the people of Syria are thinking that, Syrians can have elections and freedom too.  
Afghanastan gets Democracy
That is just a single point of light
Iraq gets Democracy DESPITE the efforts of thugs and murders
That draws a line of light between 2 points across the Middle East
Now if Lebanon gets freedom... That gives a 3rd point... enough for a shape, the shape is the new wave of freedom across the middle east.  
Democracy will bring prosperity
Prosperity will make the people happy
happy, prosperous people dont blow themselves up in suicide bombings.  

Much of the Anti-American/Anti-Isriel sentiment in the region is a political tool of the corrupt regiems to focus the misery of the people away from the cause of that misery.  
It allows the rulers to opress and steal from thier own people and say, "You suffer not because of me, but because of Isriel and America"

It is the toung of Sauroman, in the mouth of the Prince, King, Caliph and Dictator in the region
Alles!!!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2005, 01:03:36 PM »
by the way, I think China should shut up and let Taiwan do whatever they feel like...of course, if the Nationalists had just declared Taiwan an independent country from the start instead of insisting they were the legitimate government of China for decades they wouldn't be in this mess now...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2005, 01:08:17 PM »
No, they would have been in the mess that Tibet is in. Lets not forget that the chinese government is not exactly 'nice'.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2005, 04:07:20 PM »
yeah, I think if They had announced they were independent they would have had more pressure.

Besides, last I heard polls indicate that Taiwan citizens don't WANT to be independent. They want to be part of China, just not the communist governmnet of China.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2005, 07:19:19 PM »
I heard that they're close to evenly divided on the issue, but I'm too lazy to look up numbers. At any rate there are a good number who want independence very strongly.

Of course, a lot of the ones who really hate communist China have moved to other places like the US or Australia...