Author Topic: Yet more grumpiness  (Read 43645 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Yet more grumpiness
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »
Actually it was a typo.  That's what caused the problem.

And I can trust insurance companies, at least the good ones, because they pay me....and pay me well.

Unless it gets transferred to someone else's account :(

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2006, 11:00:48 AM »
My head really hurt yesterday, bad,... like so bad I couldnt do anything but lay down with my eyes closed. Yeah you guessed it, it was a Migrane.
I get them when the pressure changes rapidly, making me quite useful as a human Barometer and even more useful on a ship. After handfuls of Migrane meds I finally drifted off into the semblance of sleep, but sleep with migrane meds is horrid at best (since most of them have lots of stimulants) so I kept waking up with a stabbing pain in my temples and behind my eyes.

Im still not completely out of it, but at least Im moving around.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2006, 02:58:30 PM »
Jeffe, I'm glad you're over the worst of it! My mom gets migraines often and it's awful to see how sick they make her.

As for me, I guess I have a more petty reason for being grumpy. My apartment is now a PDA Lovenest. :P My roomie and her boyfriend (her sup at work, actually) are constantly snuggling, kissing, mock wrestling, etc., etc., over here all the time. In the kitchen, in the living room, in the dining room, in . . . well, you get the idea. Oh, and they're too busy being lovey dovey to do their many dishes for quite some time. *sigh*

Annoying, too, is that she totally ignores her dogs when he's around. I love dogs. But I'm sick of somehow winding up as the live-in au pair of canines! They scratch at my door if it's closed or bark incessantly or try to get in my lap when I'm trying to study or write. Arrrgh! Take care of your own dogs!

So . . . I guess I need to spend more time on campus and away from here. But, darn it, T parking adds up and I should be able to study in my own home!  Besides, he's got his own place, why can't she go over there? Hmm, maybe it's part of the unwritten code that says the man's got to go to the woman. Well, anyway, it's really getting on my nerves. >:(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:58:48 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2006, 04:54:47 PM »
Alright, who wants to get up and travel to remote parts of the country? Hmm, hmmm?! I'm doing so well resisting this urge to just drop everything and travel.... Bagh! Maybe a homicide will help relieve some of my stress... Is this stress? I'm not certain, but I want to do something. Something else. Not so much so but just enough. Am I the stress personified inside myself, or is it something off of myself stressing the stress to stress myself? Hmmm....
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2006, 10:42:24 PM »
Really sick. Aches, shivers, headache. The whole package. Caught what my roomie had. :P At least I had an excuse to watch Serenity again....

Also, snowed in. Noreaster hit us today. I dread trying to dig my car out tomorrow--if I feel good enough to get out of bed. :(
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2006, 01:29:03 AM »
When I first moved to Boston and still had my car, we got a 27 inch snow that everyone was predicting would be the blizzard to beat The Blizzard of '77. It matched or exceeded it in snow depth (I can't remember which), but was more a huge deep peaceful snowfall than a blizzard.

Myself, I have had three days of beautiful sunny weather, and it had to have been 65 or 70 today. I went for a walk at sunset along the Sound. Was nice to remind me that summer here is gorgeous. Worth 3 months of rain and cloudiness and dark? Dunno. But I'm glad the sun's out again. Hopefully it stays out.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2006, 09:04:34 AM »
OH. We got snow. I will post some pictures. I don't expect we'll get a bigger snowfall this year. Nor do I expect that the rest of the snow put together this winter will match this weekend's. But then, it doesn't take much to accomplish that in this region.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
Myself, I have had three days of beautiful sunny weather, and it had to have been 65 or 70 today. I went for a walk at sunset along the Sound.

Just rub it in, why don't ya? While I lay here amidst used kleenexes listening to the annoying symphony of snow blowers outside. *sigh* Well, I'm just glad it was 13" or so and not 27! Yikes.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 02:09:13 PM by shrain78 »
--Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2006, 12:48:53 AM »
So my husband, his boss and coworkers all went to dinner in a very nice restaurant tonight.  Unfortunately the restaurant was located in Hell's Kitchen and two of them had their bags and laptops stolen from the room where the restaurant had checked them.

(My husband didn't have his stolen, thankfully.)

I'm posting this on his bosses' behalf, since she is pretty grumpy about it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 12:49:18 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2006, 09:02:56 AM »
why you would take your laptop to a restaurant and then not use it... it's kind of like asking to be made grumpy.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2006, 11:30:37 AM »
Probably didn't want to trek back to the hotel from the convention center before dinner, but that's just my guess.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:48 AM »
I'm sick. :(

I've learned my lesson; never eat anything near my little brother's bed, exspecially if it is chocolate covered. Of course this has made me think about what happens to Elantrians more, thus showing the true brillance of not having them heal.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2006, 07:16:29 AM »
You see, that sort of thing is why I never let any really expensive items or bags containing said items out of my sight. My PSP gets moved to my pocket if i have to give up my coat.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2006, 08:58:34 AM »
see, even without getting sick, I've made it apolicy to never eat anything that is near someone's bed unless I purposely put it there

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2006, 11:42:59 AM »
It snowed a foot here last night and now I need to go shovel the driveway. Blah.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:34:54 PM by MrsNessaC »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/