Author Topic: Yet more grumpiness  (Read 43638 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Yet more grumpiness
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2006, 06:28:18 PM »
I just visited the EricJamesStone corner of the world. Shortly thereafter I found that poets on this site are fondly unrecognized and shortsited by others around in here. This makes me unhappy and mostly move around in an uncomfortable manner.

And so, my post happily resides in this thread. Odd, no?

But honestly, is there something wrong with poetry? Does everyone here have no mind to read or enjoy it? Now, I've been told EUOL isn't the biggest fan (or at all) of poetry in general, but must we all be attached to his psyche because of his great novel that has an equally great publishers name attached to it? I think a "might" is possible.

Oh, you make me mad. Madder than a hatter!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2006, 12:56:53 AM »
I'm grumpy have aspirations to be a poet, but usually can't come up with a good second line.

*Desperately tries to think of something that rhymes with "Nantucket...."
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2006, 01:15:33 AM »
Man bucket.

I sure hope you weren't trying to use real words. Also, get those sick thoughts out of your head.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2006, 09:40:26 AM »
I think the poetry thing is that most poets can't even support their own thread, let alone a whole forum.

Publish a book of poetry (that's not print on demand or made on a copier) and talk to us again.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »
My oldest son has the chicken pox. Now I get to see if the other two will get it. Yes, he had the varicella vaccine; all three of them did. Fat lot of good it did.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »
My sister got shingles when I got chicken pox in kindergarten (she was in 3rd grade). Then she got it again just a couple years ago, in her 30s. It was really strange. I think that chicken pox has changed over the years, or something.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2006, 08:17:19 PM »
I'm grumpy because I donated plasma this morning and the nurse didn't put the bandage on tight enough when I was done. Thus, as I was about to leave, I noticed blood gushing down my arm and seeping through my shirt. I pulled up my shirt and coat sleeve and saw my blood bubbling through the bandage. It was a bloody mess this morning. I hate having to sell my blood/plasma.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2006, 03:34:03 AM »
My monitor is on the fritz.  And my roommate moved out so I have no kitchen table.  And my column is very late and unwritten.  

Whaaa!
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2006, 02:29:28 PM »
So I go to this salon around the corner and have my eyebrows done. The lady does my eyebrows and, when I mention that I recently moved to Quincy, she asks how I like the area. I responded with an "It's nice. I like it fine." To this, she says despairingly, "Yeah, but it's getting kind of 'Asiany" though." :o

Oooh, that really made me hard-pressed not to raise (my newly waxed) eyebrows in scornful disbelief at this woman. Oh, brother! I said something like, "Well, the more diversity the better, eh?" BUT, in retrospect, I think I could've one-upped that easily by mentioning that my last boyfriend was Asian. haha! Now -that- would've been fun! *sigh* It takes me too long to come up with good comebacks at times...
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2006, 12:48:53 AM »
Shrain's post made me grumpy. I loved it when I lived in Korea and I left Des Moines, Iowa because the only Korean restaurant in the area closed and there were not enough other asian/ethnic restaurants, markets, or communities for me and my family to be satisfied. Some American just don't appreciate multi-cultural experiences and associations and seem to drive it away.

CHERUBOY7

« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2006, 04:25:15 PM »
I am grumpy. Live with it!!
I suppose I wouldn't be if the Elven Kookabura Ninja Frog Monkeys joined me in my battle for the universe!!
Is anyone willing to join me?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:26:08 PM by CHERUBOY7 »

The Bot

• Level 6
  • I have a PhD in comedy, & a diploma in..in..Fiona?
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »
By the way the barmy boy above is my brother. He stole my idea about Elven Kookabura Monkey Frog Ninja thingys. Or is it thingies...?
Frankly, I'm shocked. But, even more frankly, I'm always shocked.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »
I'm grumpy because my business' bank statement came yesterday stating I had roughly $6000.00 less than I thought I did.

What!?!?!?

Quickly investigating, it seems that direct deposit from one of the insurance companies is screwed up.  So, someone else has had a huge sum of money appear in their account and never reported it.   Hopefully this will get resovled very, very quickly.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »
$6000 is a non-trivial amount of money.

Maybe the bank thought 1+2=4 with unusually large values of 2.

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2006, 04:18:45 PM »
Posted by: Mr. Pleasington Posted on: Today at 9:04am
I'm grumpy because my business' bank statement came yesterday stating I had roughly $6000.00 less than I thought I did.

What!!?

Quickly investigating, it seems that direct deposit from one of the insurance companies is screwed up.  So, someone else has had a huge sum of money appear in their account and never reported it.   Hopefully this will get resovled very, very quickly.  

Don't blame everything on the bank. I wouldn't trust the insurance companies. I truely hope you can get it resolved quickly. My experience is that anything involving a bank and insurance company will never be resolved quickly.