Author Topic: Lost *Spoiled*  (Read 20140 times)

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lost *Spoiled*
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2006, 11:43:03 AM »
I wanted to know what happened to the people that took Claire. I mean did they pack up and go to another part of the island? There is only so much island? And why did they have all that baby stuff? I think they have a way to get on and off the island and aren't there all the time (or at least have a way to get supplies). Why did they want Aaron so much, though? What makes him so special?

So weird. I like the mystery though (as long as the end makes things make sense and doesn't seem contrived).

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »
What I found fascinating from last night is that it was the first episode to not do "pre-island" flashbacks. I really hope this trend continues, because as much as I like the characters, it's really about time to get some storytelling done. And this week's episode *definitely* threw some new twists into the plot.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »
Four stars for this ep! It was so interesting. I'm VERY curious about the theatrical makeup and props that Kate found. Who's impersonating who? Plus, I, too, wonder where the Others went and if maybe they just "visit" the island. Hey, could be the whole island is this "lab," you know. That's definitely the feeling I got way back when we saw the Dharma filmstrip.

Fuzzy, you are brilliant. I *knew* I recognized that dude's name! lol. Anyway, I was convinced he was an Other when he gave the lame, vague story of his dead wife and Sayid flipped out. And did you see how he pushed Locke's "inferiority" button. grr. I *loved* the look on the balloon jerk's face when Echo talked to him. hehe.

Tage, I also thought it was great how all the flashbacks were limited to island time.

I'm so glad that Aaron's okay . . . for now. And Rouseau's daughter ain't dead after all. Even Sun's storyline is heating up. I hope she's pregnant--not sick. But, boy, she looked worried, not excited when she asked Sawyer for an EPT. huh. I got this slight "longing to be a mom" vibe from her in this ep, so I wonder about this next ep.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »
Warning: Rampant speculation

The island host a vast quantity of some biologically engineered disease that probably has some magnetic properties. The button keeps the disease from being released. The others know this, but have already been infected. They have just enough vacination for themselves and a select few. In order for them to survive they need children (Walt, Aaron, and the children from the tail section). Since they are lacking sufficient resources to support a larger population, the plane crash survivors represent a huge threat. Hopefully the disease will kill them off. But the survivors keep pressing the button. Letting the timer run down once caused Aaron to get sick. Any longer and the whole camp would have died.

Yup, end of the world type stuff.

End speculating.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »
Hey, that's not half bad! I've thought similar things.

BTW, it sure gave me the creeps to see Ethan with Claire. *shudder*
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2006, 02:43:42 AM »
I got this slight "longing to be a mom" vibe from her in this ep, so I wonder about this next ep.

Agreed, but I get that all the time.  *sigh*

I'd be worried about being pregnant if I were her too. I mean, Jack's a great doctor and all, but...
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2006, 02:46:47 AM »
Letting the timer run down once caused Aaron to get sick. Any longer and the whole camp would have died.

But he didn't die from it because he was vaccinated prenatally. I LIKE this theory!  I will share with my friends
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2006, 04:56:14 AM »
But, boy, she looked worried, not excited when she asked Sawyer for an EPT.

When did she do that?? Not this episode. Either that, or I completely missed it, and I've fast forwarded through it again and Sawyer never shows up till Kate talks to him and asks for a gun.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »
It was in the preview for the next episode (Sun asking Sawyer for the pregnancy test).

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2006, 09:53:39 AM »
They finally showed an episode where I was happy at the ending, not screaming to know more!   ;)  I love how Sawyer was able to (slightly) redeem his character.   Did you see the look on his face when he offered his medicine for the baby?  Such concern!  There's hope for him yet.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2006, 10:20:15 AM »
That concerned look was completely faked.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2006, 12:56:43 PM »
You think so? I dunno about that because he suggested it so quickly it was more like a natural reaction/urge to help, I thought.
--Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2006, 02:59:56 PM »
He's a con man. Don't you think he would have learned to fake reactions to get what he wants? He sure seemed able to do it with the women he conned in the past. Emoting does not conotate honesty.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2006, 04:12:06 PM »
Yeah, he's a con man. But in those situations where he made a fool out of various vixens, he had a bunch of planned moves and responses. He was working in a scheme that he set up. Of course, he's good at thinking on his feet, too. Otherwise his jobs wouldn't work.

But Aaron getting sick is a different situation. Sawyer was just minding his own business (for once) when Kate comes to get a gun; so he didn't *create* or orchestrate the situation. So while he does have quick reflexes for "emoting," his immediate reaction to offer the medicine is more likely genuine than his other con-related schemes.

Okay, maybe he was trying to make Kate like him again. (shrug) I realize even if he doesn't set up a situation, he'll still try to get what he wants--maybe not right away, but sooner or later. Still, I'm more inclined to think his offer of medicine was more sincere than not.
--Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2006, 04:15:27 AM »
I get the impression that many people want Sawyer to be a good guy. I think his actions clearly indicate that he is not. Bad people are allowed to have moments of sincerity and concern for others. It doesn't mean that they will change.

Sawyer wants power and he gets power by manipulating others. The means by which he manipulates others are both good and bad, but in the end he is bad.