Author Topic: Lost *Spoiled*  (Read 20155 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost *Spoiled*
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2006, 03:40:19 PM »
He's in the mob where people fake their own deaths all the time in attempt to get out of mob. No body = no death.

Hmm, you're right on that (except Sun was planning on running away, not faking her death). The other thing I would point out is that, in this particular scenario, a whole plane-full of people are involved, and Sun's dad would have to believe that his sweet daughter and her hubby are capable of making an entire plane vanish--even possibly killing them all--to get away from him. A rather showy and unlikely route, imo.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2006, 08:23:18 PM »
The OTHER option is that she decided she wanted a baby no matter what, and  went to the doctor or another doctor and had it done artifically.  If this were the case, the child wouldn't be his, but what she said to him wouldn't be a lie.  Note she didn't swear that the child was Jin's just that she had never been with another man.  I kinda like this one better than the affair option, but obviously I'm gunning for the miracle here.

I lean more toward the "miracle of the island" theory, or if the Others had something to do with this.  Sun was planning to run away.  This was not a time for her to want to be pregnant.  Plus, she was willing to go to Sawyer for a pregnancy test, something she obviously didn't want to do.  If she had artificial insemination then she wouldn't have gone to Sawyer.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2006, 10:56:54 PM »
 If she had artificial insemination then she wouldn't have gone to Sawyer.

Not that the artifical insemination is my favored theory, BUT it doesn't preclude her needing a pregnancy test. Those proceedures are far from 100% successful, and she would want to be sure that the "sickeness" she felt was from being pregnant.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2006, 02:59:05 AM »
I'm sure this won't  make much difference to those of you who are set against Sawyer, but I'm rewatching Season tonight and you should see the look on his face when he tries to kill the dying marshal and gets his lung.  Sorry, I think there's a good guy buried in Sawyer somewhere.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2006, 11:09:35 PM »
Two best lines of the evening:

"Put your mangos where your mouth is."
(and the best by far)
"Do you guys want me to go get a ruler?"

Also - Locke's dad is SO going to turn out to be the original Mr. Sawyer.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »
Also - Locke's dad is SO going to turn out to be the original Mr. Sawyer.

Whoa.  Never thought of that!  Yet it would fit so perfectly.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »
Holy crap, that's bloody brilliant! You know, I thought a little about how odd it was that Locke's dad is a con artist, as is Sawyer and whoever the guy was who duped his folks. But, man, that's gotta be it.

One other thing I gotta say: Sayid is awesome. I *knew* he'd dig up the grave, just to be sure. hooray!
--Spriggan

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2006, 01:38:25 PM »
I have to say, the line:
"Do you guys want me to go get a ruler?"
is probably the funniest we've had from the show so far.

And having John's father be the original Mr. Sawyer would be very interesting, but all that would have happened a LONG time before all the stuff with John. Still, he's shown that he's a con man.

Also, I KNEW that guy was lying. Dirty rat.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »
I personally would've taken the money, given it back to the men and said that you were given information after your dad's death saying where it was and whose it was. Then if that didn't get them to go away, I'd rat out my dad. I mean the guy's a real jerk. It also would've prevented Helen from leaving which leads to a very sad John later on (and one who thinks he's dating a 1-900 chick). So sad!

I have been thinking to myself, though, that even if they did find the balloon, and the grave, and it really was his wife (and not the real Henry Gale) that he could still be an Other, right? I mean not at first, but they could've found him and told him if he wanted to live he'd have to help them. And then they'd brainwash him till he was one of them. So how does the balloon story really prove he's not one of the Others?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 02:21:12 PM by Tink »

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »
One of the few things we know about the Others is that they don't take adults. So if his story had panned out, I think they'd have believed him.

His story didn't pan out, though. :)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2006, 04:47:36 PM »
One of the few things we know about the Others is that they don't take adults.

Really? Why did the tail section lose most of their members then? Remember the list?

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2006, 05:56:37 PM »
Human sacrifices?

Well shoot, I forgot about those people. They've made a point of showing that they keep the kids they kidnap, though. Who knows what they did with the adults.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2006, 09:18:21 PM »
Maybe the "kidnapped" people weren't helping the experiment any, so the grabbed them and sent them home.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2006, 02:47:52 AM »
Was it someone here who swore that a food airdrop was going to happen? I can't remember if it's here or at work, but whoever it was got it dead right. How weird is that?
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »
No, it's a new reality TV show. Everyone at home is watching this all happen with hidden cameras! . . . Well, it's true, we are.