Author Topic: WFRP: Old World Bestiary  (Read 1490 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
WFRP: Old World Bestiary
« on: May 23, 2005, 12:33:10 PM »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: WFRP: Old World Bestiary
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 12:49:50 PM »
I concur. Buy it. You'll be happy.

Just a note though - if your using vampires, it's worth your time getting the Vampire Counts army book, since it goes into a lot more flavour for each individual type, as opposed to the overview from the bestiary.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 01:44:06 PM »
I'd say the same about Skaven, actually, and probably other villain cultures as well, such as Tomb Kings and the new Ogre Kingdoms.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 02:19:43 PM »
Yeah, ditto with the Druchii. Seems that way - good overview but if your going to focus on one culture, pick up the army book and any black library Liber.. books. Like Liber Skaven just came out, Liber Chaotica will be in a 4 pack soon.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 02:31:55 PM »
The Old World Bestiary only has one entry about the Dark Elves, and nothing about High Elves or Lustria or anything else that's not actually in the "Old World," so I assume that there will be more coming someday. That's why it's so nice to play a game in an established, strongly-supported world like this: while waiting for more info, we can always turn to the other games' books and get all the info we need.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 04:51:52 PM »
Yeah. Like i said on the weblist, I'm expecting a 'new world' book at some point, which will cover lustria, more on the tomb kings, maybe even araby and cathay (warhammers arabia and china).

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Lustria supplement on the web or something, to coincide with the New World campaign GW is running this summer. Or maybe the two branches don't coordinate that well.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 05:54:06 PM »
I spoke to a games workshop slave (i mean store manager) a few weeks back, and he said that GW won't be stocking the RPG in the stores. It's seperate companies, legally, so I don't know if they would co-ordinate at all.

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »