Author Topic: favorite races in d&d.  (Read 1924 times)

mockman

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
favorite races in d&d.
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »
yea like i just wanted a consenus on what is everones favorite races to play.i mean not like power but personality and fun factor. mine is the drow and starting to like cat people.
say what again?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: favorite races in d&d.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »
Changlings. Half elves. Anything that regards halflings as a food source.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 07:31:32 PM »
yea im trying to make eather a catfolk warmage fighter or a scout/ranger
say what again?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 12:09:05 AM »
Shifters.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 12:49:11 AM »
Shifters and Warforged.

What can I say, I like Eberron.

Also, Ogrun from the Iron Kingdoms.

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 03:43:47 PM »
im working on a raptorian scout see how that goes
say what again?

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 04:47:48 PM »
I still like my dwarves and halflings, despite all the newer and shinier races out there.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 10:25:49 PM »
The human bonus feat and skill is too good to pass up.  The halfling subrace that gets a bonus feat, ghostwise I think, they are broke.  Low damage and grappling is their only weakness.  Elves I would put next in versitility, once you include their bazillion subraces.  Half-orcs could have been cool, but I don't know if I would ever play one cause their stats suck too much, only the half-orc druid substitution levels makes them tempting at all.

I found half-giants to be pretty good, but I think powerful build got a bit downplayed, and the 2 bonus PP and stomp 1/day just doesn't compare to the goliath.  They would need a higher caster level for stomp and at least 1 PP per CL to compete with Goliath.

I hate that undead are automatically immune to mind affects and critical hits.  They should only get a bonus to avoid them, not complete immunity.  First I think only mindless creatures should get the immunity to mind affects.  Most undead have crit zones too IMO, zombies always go down with a shot to the head.  Same usually for vampires and stuff.  They should just get DR and 50% resistance or something.  I also hate their ways to get bonus HP.  Lets say an undead created in desecrate gets bonus HP, or with Corpsecrafter gets bonus HP, etc... those abilities should just grant Unholy Toughness or something like that.  A bit more powerful than just one of those on their own, but a lot more balanced once you start stacking them, and that prevents stacking because you couldn't get the ability twice.

I like a lot of the template races and monster races, I think its a pretty cool option.  Raptorians seem pretty cool too, but I haven't really used them yet.  Shifters seem too feat-intestive, but some of their racial substitution levels are kind of powerful... maybe too good.  Warforged are kind of cool but seem too world-restrictive... they have a certain flavor that wouldn't really work in some campaigns.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 12:41:22 AM »
i have always wanted to be a flyer and i think with the raptorans would be a cool scout with the wings to seek out the ememy and use hit and run tactics . ;D
say what again?