Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 18480 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2005, 10:51:55 PM »
That's right, the very first showing available to the general public on the planet. Come with me to hopefully see George Lucas redeem himself.

My company rented out the theatre and got permission to have a showing of it Sunday at 10 a.m. But of course, I don't know if you'd call that the general public.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2005, 10:53:03 PM »
you realise Stacer you're just makeing SE and JP hate you more.  ;D
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2005, 11:22:38 PM »
There are few times when I've been able to make them insanely jealous of me. I think I'll have to milk a few more of these out before I quit.  ;) Actually, I don't think I'll be going to it on Sunday, for a variety of reasons. It's sad that that was the only time Lucas would allow, because they usually get weekdays. Apparently not always the best, though--with one of the LotR movies, they had a 6am showing. But the theatre was packed, they say.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2005, 09:02:52 AM »
/me burns Stacer in effigy. unless, y'know, you can hook me up with a job before the weekend.

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »
While everyone's got their branding irons/torches out: I'm going to the charity screening tomorrow night  ;D

"So what is the buzz, what's on the DVD?"
For those that don't know, the Ep3 soundtrack comes with a bonus DVD. It's music videos featuring clips from all 6 movies. Fairly spoiler-free, nothing that will ruin the movie for you and IIRC, only 1 track has Ep3 footage in it and that piece has been all over already (A Hero Falls).
They did a fanatastic job with it, showing off the films as one story. My favorite is the last one, showing Luke burning Vader's body with flashbacks to 9 year old Anakin.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2005, 08:58:44 AM »
I just browsed through the rottentomatoes quotes, and one of the bad reviews condemns it for being an "anti-Bush diatribe." I think it's safe to say that that reviewer probably sees everything as an anti-Bush diatribe of some sort.

Actualy it's fairly well known that Lucas hates politicans especialy Ronald Regan, one of the Trade federaion people (Nute Gunray) is based and named after him.

The lines in question from EP3 I won't repeat due to spoilers but some people say they're taken more or less from Bush's speachs about the War on Terror.

Of course Bush also talks like he's in a cheap 30's serial movie so that could be why that conclusion is drawn. Add that to the fact some of the lines, which I have heard Bush say, are also very generic dialouge types and you've got yourself a poorly drawen conclusion I think.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:40:45 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2005, 10:52:43 AM »
One of the planets being fought on is called Fellucia.
But I'm sure that's just an odd coincidence...

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2005, 11:06:43 AM »
Actualy that one is because Lucas also hates Fell.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2005, 12:09:52 PM »
And this time he's gone too far!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2005, 12:13:30 PM »
What are you going to do for revenge, Fell? See his movie?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2005, 12:18:02 PM »
Episode 3.1 Revenge of the Fell

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2005, 12:36:10 PM »
Speaking of which, I had a dream last night that I was in a Bond movie--I was Pierce Brosnan's comic sidekick, and man was he sick of me mouthing off to the supervillain. Then the supervillain kidnapped my kids, but his wife helped me get them back because I helped her get a skunk out of her house.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2005, 12:41:31 PM »
never underestimate the value of doing favors for the bad guy's wife. Which is why I try to help foxybeak out a lot.

speaking of dreams. I saved Stan Lee from being eaten by wolves the other night. He gave me superpowers in return and a job teaching at the school for training new superheroes.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2005, 05:41:42 PM »
That's awesome.

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2005, 09:04:57 AM »
Skar asked me to do a review for you folks. I'm not really the type who gets into character analyzing or plot (unless there's huge honkin holes). And being a fan for the last 28 years, I can't really be objective, but I'm guessing most people don't want that, they want to know what a fan thinks.
So here is a teeny-tiny, spoiler-free capsule of my expierence.

Let me start by saying this flick is PG-13 for a reason. There are some dark, disturbing and gruesome images. If you have a little one, I would really see the film first before taking them, no one knows your kid better than you.

This is the movie most everyone was wanting with Ep1. This is the one that answers all the big questions.

Ian McDiarmid steals the show as only pure evil can. The phrase beautifully wicked comes to mind.

Hayden & Nat are less stiff in their relationship. When they meet for the first time in the film there's actually some emotion there.

Action? Oh yeah, plenty of that. There's at least FIVE lightsaber duels. As could be expected with that many sabers flashing about, the number of body parts removed from people goes up accordingly. (What is Lucas' deal with that, anyway?)

The opening and ending sequences are very intense and action-packed. The stuff that makes fans giddy as school girls.

In the OT, there were about 5 times where I can get swept up in the emotion of the movie and feel a little choked up. That hasn't happened during the prequels, until now. The final 15 or so minutes will have you in goosebumps for some very different reasons.

This is the keystone of the whole saga. You'll probably want to go back and watch all the movies to see how the story as a whole ties together. I was very satisfied leaving the theater. I have to see it a few more times before deciding where it will fall on The List, but I think it will be behind ESB & ANH.
As they have been throwing around everywhere: "The circle is now complete."