Author Topic: Closet Myspace-addicts Anonymous  (Read 5256 times)

darkjetti81

Closet Myspace-addicts Anonymous
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:29:56 AM »
People today are such closet-myspace-addicts.  They always say "Oh I have an account, but I rarely check it..."  or, "myspace is for sissys"  

Oh really??  That's funny because your last login time was ... TODAY!  ha ha   Chances are you probably jump for glee whenever you get a "friend request, or new comment," saying to yourself "Damn I'm *SOOOOO* popular!"    ha ha   You know you do!

And when you don't have any messages you probably get a little depressed and think, "no body luvs me.. (sniff, sob..)"

So I just want to come out of the closet and say "I have one!, and myspace rocks!!"  

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Closet Myspace-addicts Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 12:32:06 AM »
Do you ever type anything that flows in a coherent way?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

darkjetti81

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 02:09:15 AM »
Do you ever do anything but critisize??  I guess that just makes you feel more intelligent and special.  It's really just a dishonest way of praising yourself.
Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 02:20:31 AM »
I've never really paid much attention to MySpace, and to be honest it was just recently that I discovered that Myspace and My MSN Space weren't the same thing. But apparently that's the thing to do among those who write for teens lately, because that's where their readers are hanging out.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 02:41:58 AM »
Do you ever do anything but critisize??  I guess that just makes you feel more intelligent and special.  It's really just a dishonest way of praising yourself.
Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

You know if you ask me Sprigg was asking a legitimate (If some what sarcastic) question. Meanwhile you responded with an attack, and used the very tactics that you had accused him of using.  

You might want to think about that next time.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:43:37 AM by OneEyedGreenPerson »
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 09:03:59 PM »
Uh oh, FMP. I wouldn't go there. This guy is obviously a master of psychology. You shouldn't "critisize" [sic] him, since he is so obviously here to teach us how our motivations and inner insecurities work.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 09:23:58 PM »
ya.  Honestly how hard is it to point out how his recent posts make my brain bleed, there was no need to delete the account.  Oh well, nothing to loose sleep over.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 01:34:55 AM »
I have looked at myspace maybe twice, though the scanner guys are always surfing it while scanning, and TOKYOPOP has a page. Some of the artists like Felipe Smith also have big pages.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 09:22:05 AM »
I want to point out that saying you're an addict in public is hardly being "in the closet" or "anonymous"

I've been to exactly 2 myspace pages. Brandon's and a really poorly made one so I could laugh at the design.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
Dang it, why does everyone always beat me to replying?

Anyway, as far as the whole "MySpace is stupid" thing on the first post I would like to point out that I am one of those people who has never ever been to MySpace, not even to see EUOL's page. I openly admit I live under a rock :)
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »
I have a myspace page somewhere.

I never got into it.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 07:42:01 PM »
I dislike MySpace to the point that I force Ari to update it whenever there is updating to be had - I refuse to accept their cookies, which forbids me from logging in.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 07:48:48 PM »
not a myspace friend...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 08:37:21 PM »
The only myspace account I ever registered was under the account name 'iheartvindiesel'. I needed an account to look at someones page. It looked horrible, of course, and I never logged into myspace ever again.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

chunktile

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 09:55:07 PM »
I have a myspace. I must admit, the layouts are terrible. However, some of my friends check it more than their voicemails, so it comes in handy.
If everyone is different, then no one is the same. With no definition of the normal, aren't we all insane?