Author Topic: TWG-East: The Gathering  (Read 17873 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
TWG-East: The Gathering
« on: October 05, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
A gathering/part/bruhaha has been proposed by a namelss personage (Shrain) for those of us on the East Coast.

To my knowledge, that would be Jeffe, me, Oseleon, Shrain, and Gemm. Plus, probably several of the newer people.

The DC region has been proposed as a central-ish location, being north of those in the southern Virginia area, and south of those in the NY or Boston areas. Perhaps it is farther from those locations, but a more exact center would put us somewhere near Philadelphia, and nobody wants that.

I am now soliciting interest and willingness to attend such an event, proposed changes to the location, suggested activities, and date availability. Halloween sounds like a cool time for Timewasters, though perhaps a nearby weekend would be more appropriate.

as for activities, movie watching, collaborative (or just jam) writing, Magic, board games (i have many interesting variations on Risk, plus Age of Mythology and Attack! and Settlers of Catan), roleplaying, Clix, Pirates, card games (I have cool games such as Nanofictionary, Fluxx, and The Totally Insane Card Game), monument/museum visiting, and excessive snack food consumption are all acceptable to me. It is even possible for me to get together several computers for a LAN party, though these computers will be roughly 4-5 years old, so the brand new games wouldn't be fun. Jeffe has an XBox (for which I can get free rental games from work) but I don't want to volunteer that until he says he could make it available.

So, speak to me East Coasters. Even if I didn't mention you by name, speak up. It's a party, which means more people = good.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: TWG-East: The Gathering
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:45:58 AM »
Hmmm, I would be all up for this. However, it would seem my place of employment likes the idea of a "vacation" blackout date between Nov. something and Jan. 1. So, a stick in the mud? Maybe.

However, not to be a downer. I'm all about this. I have a 360, cool and all. I could be swayed into buying another controller or if there was a way to rent a few, that'd be cool too.

That's about the fair share that I could contribute were I to come.

There's all sorts of fun we could have. My concern right now would be the living arangements for these days that are visited in the east. Where would we Stay?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 11:51:58 AM »
if we're talking 5 people or less, I can probably arrange free housing with no problem. I have all sorts of family and in-laws, and a basement.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »
A gathering/part/bruhaha has been proposed by a namelss personage (Shrain) for those of us on the East Coast.

Yay, I'm a personage!! (Uh, what's that mean, really?)

Anyhoo, yes, I think a party for us eastern TWGers would be cool, esp. if it's in D.C. My bro and I had a great time there. For me, Halloween weekend would be ideal. Last year's stake Halloween dance thingie was rather lame :P
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »
So, say the weekend of the 27th? friday, saturday, and sunday? That'd be cool with me. I'll be more than able to get the time off. Probably get a bus ticket, be cheap I bet.
                William S. Burroughs

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
sounds good enough for me, let's see what others say.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »
I'm all for that. The weekend of the 27th looks good to me. I would probably take Monday the 30th or Thur the 26th off though to allow for more fun and travel time. (I think driving will be cheaper--if slower--way to go).
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 05:24:58 PM »
Good news on this front: I spoke with Jeffe and he says he will probably come. We're talking weekend before Halloween, Oct 27-29.

Jeffe also wants there to be costumes. And since Shrain is also excited about that, we will probably have costuming of some sort. Don't be surprised if I come dressed the disgruntled editor of an online magazine or else a disgruntled Hollywood Video employee.

Oseleon works weekends, so we probably won't see him (though I haven't spoken to him, just Jeffe) but Jeffe says he'll try to talk him into it.

I want to take this opportunity to invite Fuzzyoctopus and husband and Mr. P and wife too. You guys are further east than west, so try to come!

edit: all you westies are free to come too. We don't hate you!

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »
I want to come! But I can't. I already have a costume party that Saturday to attend.

By the way, I know why Shrain is particularly excited about it being a costume pary! Details to follow...
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 07:18:27 PM »
Having weighed my options, tolling through every piece of crap I've laid out for myself as a road, I'm going to have to sadly decline this adventure in fun.

However, if this happens again after the new year, I may be in better spirits and luck to actually venture forth.

Right now however, isn't the best time. I'm actually starting to act like an adult and come to terms with my nature.

But, for everyone that will be going, HAVE FUN and enjoy the tumultous fevor that is the TWG Easterners!
                William S. Burroughs

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 12:04:21 AM »
Alas; I'm working that weeekend.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 08:57:37 AM »
bah! you guys are no fun.

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »
I'd come, get hyper, pass out, wake up, have fun, etc. But i'm underage, working, don't know any of you well enough to validate the trip with parentals, and last of all, have a party that weekend that involves free alchohol and jello shots for anyone! ;D Please ignore that last part though...... Maybe in 2 years I'll take the 2 hour drive there, or buy a plane ticket.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:23:48 PM by Kuntry_Bumpken »
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 01:45:05 PM »
Maybe in 2 years I'll take the 2 hour drive there, or buy a plain ticket.

You should splurge and buy a fancy ticket.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »
maybe the kind with fruit on the bottom.