Author Topic: awesome eating establishments  (Read 1633 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
awesome eating establishments
« on: May 22, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »
So we go to eat on occasion here at work at little known/small eating establisments (i.e. non-mainstream/chains/whatever) and we know a few good little nooks and crannies around here. Today we went to this place called "Simient custard", which is, as it name claims, a custard stand, but they sell actual food too. They make a really good buffalo chicken wrap for 4 bucks, and to top it off, it's about a foot long by 5 inches wide, so it's quite sizable.

Anyways, to the point of this thread, what sort of small, non-mainstream eating establisments do you have around you that you love to visit, sort of like a local secret? :)
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: awesome eating establishments
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:36 PM »
Well, everyone who's local knows about the Basque food and the Awful Awful here... for non-locals visiting Reno, we've got some Basque places, the Awful Awful (at the Little Nugget), some pretty amazing & affordable Sushi at several joints (we prefer Ichiban's, but it's pricier for out-of-staters), and a wonderful French bistro...

And there's actually a fantastic Vietnamese place in my area, too.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 03:44:04 AM »
In the Norwalk, Fairfield County, Connecticut area, there's this place called Nicholas Roberts Fine Foods…wow. AMAZING food. And I'm not just saying that, either. His stuff is incredible. His pancakes and bacon and syrup are without-a-doubt, hands down, the number one BEST pancakes I have ever had in my life. And I'm not even joking when I say they taste like a bite out of heaven.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 04:15:18 AM »
In Montrose, Colorado there's a little buffalo wing joint called "Willy's Wings". Best buffalo wings ever.

In Littleton, Colorado there's a chinese restaurant called "Yen King". Excellent food for a reasonable price.

In Provo...eh. We've got a ton of little taco shops everywhere. Have only tried a couple of them as most look run-down and crappy. Oh, and people rave about JDog's, which is a hot dog stand on 7th East just south of BYU campus. Personally, I've never been. I mean, hot dogs? You can put lipstick on a pig, but then all you'd have is an angry pig.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »
I like hole in the wall joints... we go to a traditional korean place in Richardson, Texas called Jeng Chi... it is in little china town next to NORTEL
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:04:15 PM »
Central Park has these AMAZING seasoned fries that are just . . . well they are too good for words. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。