General > Rants and Stuff

One Hulking Mug

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mad Dr Jeffe:
So how many shillings were in a pound, was it 8?.... oh well at least you silly gits got rid of that nightmare now ally you have to do is keep your own currency instead of the Euro.

/me pockets the tenner with great gusto.

Entsuropi:
Heh. The much maligned imperial system.

And its all wierd on the Euro issue - the population is strongly against it - patriotism at work - but labour and tony blair have a track record of ignoring the will of the people and doing whatever the hell they want. They should hold a referendum, but they probably wont.

Mad Dr Jeffe:
Well I for one think it would be great if they'd switch to the Dollar and say a big FU to the EU.  But its not going to happen. All us English speakers should stick together what what.  Call it the Transatlantic Union or if you like Mr. Orwell INGSOC.

Hows life over in Airstrip 1 these days.

Entsuropi:
Keep with the times. It's now called the Anglosphere - America, Canada, UK, Australia and NZ. Essentially britain and all the countries that developed off of its culture/governmental organisation.

It's my belief that, when the EU changes its name to the "United States of Europe" (i kid you not... check out the arrogance of those guys ^_^), the anglosphere will emerge as a strong but informal alliance... UK and US are one of the two most similar countries with very strong alliance already.

Maybe then we brits get to invade france again.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
Wow, that first post is really annoying.

I like how the Euro is so close to the value of the dollar. It was easy kickin' around Ireland and Finland to know exactly how much I was spending.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version