Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Alloy of Law Excerpt (Updated with Ch3)

(1/17) > >>

Adrienne:
http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/06/the-alloy-of-law-excerpt

I'm reading now, can't wait for all 6 to come out!

kari-no-sugata:
Mmm-mm. Interesting. Gripping. Fascinating.

Good read.

Adrienne:
Corrections needed:

koloss to Koloss
well tailored to well-tailored (I believe)
eyeblink to eye blink
witout to without
realy to really
firepit to fire pit
re-inforcing to reinforcing
adit to adrift (I think that's what he was going for there)
judg- ing to judging

I did giggle a little when I saw the liquid is now whiskey - at least for Wax. It was nice to see the history come into play when Tan mentioned the survivor. The foreshadowing from Sazed was there for this religion. Hopefully with 5 more excerpts planned and 5 more months to release we'll get a little taste regularly.

Peter Ahlstrom:
adit, eyeblink, koloss, and well tailored are correct usages, and firepit is not a dictionary word but I'm calling it good. It has a 25% usage rate on an exclusionary Google search, which for me puts it into secondary usage status rather than typo.

Adrienne:
Isn't Koloss a type of "people"? Like American's are capitalized? 

When I placed the in word those were the misspellings that came up with automatically. Adit's a new one for me - thanks for pointing it out :)

Firepit always comes up as misspelled. I've been writing a friend back and forth about one I want and the bright red underline gets to me. Even when I pop it in google it' separates it.

I do see with Eyeblink some places accept it and others dont. Your judgement has always worked for me in the past! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version