Local Authors > Writing Group

Need ideas for what Magic can do

(1/5) > >>

fardawg:
I find myself coming up with what I think are fairly interesting ways to receive, transmit, use, and limit magic. Yet I constantly get stuck on exactly what I want it to do. I usually end up with the basic Elemental magic, or magic that enhances natural abilities and properties of people and items: strength, speed etc.  but I want something different. Any suggestions?

Shiael:
Magic can simply be a tool. It could be used by wizards to create supernatural stuff.  Even though it can teleport people or whatever,  it could be used as an independent, mindless entity, therefore proving itself as magic...or, randomly,it could dissemble the inner workings of several worlds and re create life by the hands of some god or demon :P

fardawg:
Umm....OK....? Thanks?   ???   :P

Shiael:
lol. meaning it could shoot sparks or light stuff on fire by just thinking about it. or you could create weapons out of nowhere by drawing power from someone or something. I guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you don't know, then the best i can do is give you random suggestions like before...

dhalagirl:
You could use magic to change a person's perceptions.  For example you could use it as an anti-depressant or to turn a squad of soldiers into berserkers.  It wouldn't physically change anything about the person or the world around them, just how they react to it.  You could easily turn people into puppets without them being aware of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version