Author Topic: Serious Politicals Discussions and stuff  (Read 10112 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: Serious Politicals Discussions and stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2004, 08:13:30 PM »
what was so horrible about my reasonings?  Just because they were based in commonly known facts shouldn't make them horrible reasonings.  I have thought about these facts and based my opinion around the big things, for the fine details is not what matters at this part of the presidency, in my opinion.

From my personal perspective, your reasonings are not the best, because we don't know how things would have turned out if they had been done differently.  You criticize Bush for 'starting a war' and isolating us from the U.N. without saying, "He should have done this instead because I think this would have been the result and we would be better off than we are now." From a personal point of view, I think that things like capturing Sadam is good, but the reasons Bush had  for doing it might not be the best.

And this was mentioned before, but if you don't like Bush as a president, I would like to hear WHO you think would be a better president, and why you think it, specifically.  Telling us you don't like Bush isn't news.  Lots of people don't like him.  Tell us something interesting that makes us think, and gives us something to respond to.  Or, if not, then say in your post - "Man I just need to get this off my chest, but I don't expect a response."  When you create a new thread, you anticipate debate/discussion.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 08:15:35 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2004, 08:14:49 PM »
If the casualties keep mounting, eventually we will pull out. No one wants another Vietnam.

Pay attention kid. The US has lost, perhaps, 300 men. 25 thousand united states soldiers died on the first DAY of Omagh beach. This is no vietnam, far from it.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
mRe: Serious Politicals Discussions and stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2004, 08:20:48 PM »
Note: This particular post contains no controversy; merely an amusing anecdote.

So since my birthday is in January I turned 18 before the primaries last election.  I, and several other students from my AP Government class got to volunteer to help out with the voting- we helped out at the ballots and did cool stuff like that.  We were all paired with regular election workers, mostly elderly ladies.  

So on the day of the primaries a bunch of high school students went into on particular place to vote... and the old ladies wouldn't let them in!   These women were convinced that the minimum voting age was still 21, and could NOT be convinced that it was now 18.   The students were very frustrated, but man, that was the funniest thing that happened for weeks in our town.  I think eventually they called the mayor down (it's a small town) to explain to them that the voting age IS, in fact, 18.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 08:22:41 PM by fuzzyoctopus »

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2004, 08:22:04 PM »
     Like this...
    The patriot act is Bush's fault.  I believe this because he not only majorly impacted it's creation and passing, but did not have the sense of mind to vetoe it.  Because of this bill american rights are going down the crapper and no one should really want that, in my opinion.  As it can easily be seen Bush's impact on congress was heavy and he is therefore a major factor in the passing of such a horrible law, and a president should not do that.

Of coarse that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...
Gorgon the Wonder Cow
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2004, 08:25:30 PM »

Pay attention kid. The US has lost, perhaps, 300 men. 25 thousand united states soldiers died on the first DAY of Omagh beach. This is no vietnam, far from it.

I understand this. I know the casualties will never be near any of our other major wars. But I don't think America can stomach very many more body bags coming home.

Back in WWII, the American people for the most part believed wholeheartedly in the cause of defeating the Axis nations. Now, the country is pretty much divided into many small groups, all with different opinions on what should/should have been done. Support for the war will continue to shrink as long as American blood is still being spilt in Iraq.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2004, 08:31:12 PM »
 Â   If you continue to ask me the same question I will continue to answer with the same answer.

I will not give my ideas for what I would do if I was president, because I am not, and do not plan on becoming, president.  If I was trying to run for president I would, however have ideas that would get me elected.  I wouldn't promise them then not perform.  I know you'll respond "Every president broke a few promises...blah-d-blah blah" and I probably would too, to a degree.  But cutting funding from my own educational program...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 08:31:46 PM by GorgontheWonderCow »
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2004, 09:11:12 PM »
I'll give you my idea for if/when I become president.

I'm going to take all those useless states, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, all those states in the useless upper mid-west. Then we'll rent the states out to countries that need to make some dough. They'll get some cash from the taxes/purchases/etc made in those states. And tada, surplus.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2004, 09:22:39 PM »
Gemm - we should sell it to someone like Japan where land is worth waaaay more than it should be anywhere.  ;)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2004, 03:21:37 AM »
See, fuzzy gets the idea. SE didn't when I first proposed it to him. Of course, he's morally blindsided by old-fashioned politics and the such. Not the new-age Gemm-inized politics that will hit hard upon the 21st century.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2004, 09:33:56 AM »
And that's what scares us all.

I got it. I just thought it was stupid.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2004, 10:46:51 AM »
    Ahem...

You all have been bugging me to know what I would do if I were president.  I have more than likely been pissing you off by saying," I will not give my ideas for what I would do if I was president, because I am not, and do not plan on becoming, president."

So here it is...

I would pressure congress into making a law that requires flue shots to every american citizen.  It does not matter in age, size, race, religon, ect.  Then I would work out a tax scam which included dropping a few dolars from every american with a wae of $55000 dolars or under a year.  I would "find out" about my scam and blame it one hunderd percent on my secutary of treasury.  He would go to prison for a very, very long time.  I don't think I would like my secutary of treasury...

Then I would, if needed (which I don't think it would be) pressure congress into passing a law that evenly spreads the money the government lost across everyone and is to be payed as soon as humanly possible.  I would do everything as the majority public wanted it for as long as it takes for this bill to be passed.  

When this bill comes in and the government recieves it's due I would slowly seep money from the nuclear weapons and space exploration department and pay for a patented nano-bot like object.  Let me explain these.

These nano-bots are so extremely small than theylatch on to your cells.  It would latch on to every cell on your heart, brain stem and red blood cells in your body.  They would be powered by body heat.  Every citizen of the united states would volunteerly have them in their body.  You wanna know why?  Because I will get them into the manditory flue shot.  If you are bad, I shock you to death by starting a chain reaction of electrical amplification in which an electical spark hits shoots from one, easily passes through your mostly water body, and hits an antennea on another and amplified.  The process time estimated before your entire body shocks itself to death is less than half a minuite.

Once every citizen on the United States has these in him or her I would make an example of my cabinet and the audience of my state of the union address on live TV.  

Once everyone understands their peril I will use the excact fequency shot out of eveyones brain.  You know, the natural frequency of an object.  I will take that frequncey and shoot it into everyones ear, hopefully wiping their memory clean by instantly destroying brain cells.  A telephone, boombox or computer can do this easily.  I will then cause everyone to believe I was their loving ruler and they wanted to go to war against Canada because of an unacceptable deed done.  

Once we invade Canada, I will do the same there.

And slowly but surely I will own the world.  The estimated process time after I become president is 15-30 years.  That is why you don't want me as president.  Of coarse, I might be better than Bush...

Gorgon the Wonder Cow
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2004, 10:58:15 AM »
uhm... the subject is "Serious" political discussion

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2004, 11:00:59 AM »
hey, they asked...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2004, 11:08:10 AM »
So you're saying there is 0 chance of you becoming president because your platform is stupid.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2004, 11:12:27 AM »
    Precisley.  If I was actually going to become president I would have real working ideas.  But I'm not, so those who want to should have ideas.  I'm not running, you are.  Give me something that I like or get out of the game, Mr. Bush.

Gorgon the Wonder Cow
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke