General > Rants and Stuff

TOO MUCH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Peter Ahlstrom:
fardawg has been banned for 7 days for posting the previous comment under an assumed name. (Both for the comment and for the violation of the one forum account policy.)

And I'm seriously considering making it permanent. How about I do that unless he apologizes for this comment to each and every member who posted in that Tolkien thread, who he has so callously insulted above? Comments from the involved parties?

happyman:
Um, I was actually OK with the tone of conversation until I saw this thread.  I mean, I don't think I would have argued much further; my real points weren't being addressed very well.  But this just takes the cake.

Apology?  I don't care one way or the other.  I think what would really need to happen is a show of good faith.  Proof that fardawg actually cares about something besides proving himself right, or has an interest in the subjects for their own sake.  Not because I need to be proved right, but because I'd much rather have an honest debate.

dhalagirl:
I'd accept an apology if fardawg actually offers one.  As for further action?  I don't know.  I'm willing to let this go and ignore his further posts.  Now that he has that "My opinion is the only right opinion" mentality I don't want to dignify his comments with a response.  That's why I stopped commenting on that thread.

If it's decided that a permanent ban is the correct course of action, that's fine by me, but I do worry that he'll log in on another account and start this crap all over again.  Perhaps we just need to ignore the tantrum and hope that he'll get the hint.

Peter Ahlstrom:
He claims on Twitter that Tagg is his brother who just happened to register that day and posted that comment when fardawg was at work, but I have absolutely no reason to believe that. The above comment makes sense in the context of being a sock puppet. In any case he shows no inclination to apologize.

fardawg had a condescending know-it-all attitude throughout that thread but he was not openly insulting. The above comment is insulting in the context of that thread, and is very difficult to read any other way.

mycoltbug:
So I had long twitter chat with him. I think he now has better understanding of where things went wrong for him in the conversation. It was a rather long interaction and based off of his comments I think he got the point. "Fardawg101 CM
@spencerpanger I have a problem in letting things go when there is a complete misunderstanding. That is why I started the thread." I would say to honestly give the guy another chance and see how it goes from there. I really think it was poorly handled by him in the beginning and just got escalated with lack of proper forum decorum used on his part. It does seem from the conversation that the secondary account really was his brother.  But that's my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version