Tell me what you think

Yes!
1 (14.3%)
No!
5 (71.4%)
I don't know and I'm not gonna try!
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Is bloody Mary real?  (Read 7525 times)

T-Square

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: -3
    • View Profile
Is bloody Mary real?
« on: March 20, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »
A legend says that if you spin around 3 times or more in a darkened room, in front of a mirror, saying "I hate Bloody Mary" a ghost called Bloody Mary will appear and murder you. I don't know what to think. What is your opinion?

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Is bloody Mary real?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »

I'm kind of ashamed to admit, all of these types of things I'm too scared to try.............
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

ork

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 11:56:49 AM »
i have and will never believe in this stuff.  :(

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »
I'm also too chicken to try.  I've had enough minor brushes with the paranormal that I believe that she could be real and that's enough for me. 

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
i've done it on many occasions just to show people it's not true. i'm a pretty big skeptic, so i have no problem attempting anything paranormal (i also do things other suggest that are a pretty stupid idea on my part, but that's another matter entirely).
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
Legend says that if you talk three times about bloody mary being real, you will become slightly dumber.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
LOL.

I hope all of you have realized that T-Square is a complete troll. There is no point responding to any thread he starts.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »
LOL.

I hope all of you have realized that T-Square is a complete troll. There is no point responding to any thread he starts.

yeah, he only seems to post provocative polls, however, this one seems to be a rather...fail troll, if you ask me. Asking about a children's legend? Not even a terribly controversial one?
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »
LOL.

Oh yeah, it's 100% obvious, but this conversation seemed like it could actually be fun. 
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

T-Square

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
LOL.

I hope all of you have realized that T-Square is a complete troll. There is no point responding to any thread he posts.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:54:01 PM by T-Square »

T-Square

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »
Who's the troll, Peter Ahlstrom? I just post things that I'm curious about. So don't go insulting me.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 07:22:00 AM »
It's not an insult. It's a term that defines what your behavior has been on this forum. If you honestly think you haven't been a troll, look at the 15 posts you've made and look at what other posts you have replied to and think about it.

If you want to be a member of this community who is not thought of as a troll, then try posting something that has anything to do with anything.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
T-Square:

Either you are young, or not terribly familiar with internet standards for what most people consider a troll. I don't mean this as as insult; Most things you have posted come off as very troll-like. For example, you post several polls about variously random things that have almost nothing to do with anything, such as your justin beiber girl thread, nessie thread, or this one. All of which have little or nothing to do with really anything, and are just random questions, most of which have a pretty obvious answer. That being said, however, you do get them in their respective sections (general discussion, music, etc.) which is a step in the right direction.

Another example would be your post about pokemon cards in the CCG section. That post comes off as very provacative, and outright insulting to pretty much anyone who does like it, and same goes for a post of yours about the wii.

That being said, if you do actually wish to not come off as a troll, my advice is this:
Reign it in.

Don't use capslock for really anything, capslock comes off on the internet as yelling, and looks incredibly immature.

don't go around stating your opinions about things in manners such as "it sucks, it's a pile of poop, etc." state it more like "I honestly don't care for X" or "X isn't something i enjoy at all", and don't say things like "Do people actual LIKE/CARE about X?" because that comes off as extremely insulting to anyone who does like and/or care about whatever the subject at hand is.

Before posting anything, ask yourself "How would i feel if i was on the receiving end of this comment?" If the answer is any sort of angry, upset, or any other negative emotion, you probably need to reword it. You can post whatever you want, obviously, i'm not saying to censor yourself. Just try to be considerate of others when you post, because if you aren't, you WILL come off as a troll.

Like i said, I'm not intending to insult you in any way. It's just that almost everything I've read that you've put out here comes off very close to troll territory. I'm not trying to run you away, or dishearten you to these forums. We love new members around here, and we're more than willing to give you a second, and likely even a third, chance to change our opinions of you. Afterall, we don't want to have another utopiaGreen around here (older members will know what i'm talking about  ;) )
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

T-Square

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »

Since everyone seems to hate my threads, I think I'll just stop posting them. Now that you've told me all the things I'm doing, I've realized I'd be doing everyone a favor. The last thing this site needs is a stupid kid posting stupid things. Bye-bye, TWG!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:52:17 PM by T-Square »

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »

Since everyone seems to hate my threads, I think I'll just stop posting them. Now that you've told me all the things I'm doing, I've realized I'd be doing everyone a favor. The last thing this site needs is a stupid kid posting stupid things. Bye-bye, TWG!

Well, there's no reason to stop posting. We're more than happy to have new people around, it's just, as with any social interaction, you need to be tactful. Simply learn from your mistakes. I'm sure now that everyone's seen that you're earnest in your conviction to not being a troll, they'd be more than happy to work with and help you. I just figured I should point out why peter was saying you were a troll, in hopes that if you were true in your statement of not being a troll, that you would be able to recognize and shore up what needs to.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard