Author Topic: 17th Shard Interview Transcript ***Warning: Spoilers for ALL Cosmere Books***  (Read 6867 times)

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
Oh, oh! Can we put those images in the blog post of the transcript that is totally happening real soon now? Oh, can we, can we please?  :o

If it's good with Brandon, it's good with me.

Just remember that it's not meant to represent the way the Plains look in the novel (I don't want to confuse anyone who sees it out of context). It's the original pitch concept, which changed a lot before the final draft.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
It should be OK, since we showed that at the art panel at Dragon*Con. However, let's not release any other concept art (even other images from that panel) for now. Brandon may want to do annotations involving them at a future date, and it would be nice to have never-before-seen stuff for those. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

luminos

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Heh, I wonder if PANFO will catch on as terminology.

Did he say there were way more than 16 shards?  Did I hear that right?

Salkara

• Level 4
    • View Profile

I think he said there were more than 16 alloys each from Atium and Lerasium. Btw, would they still be called Atium and Lerasium, considering that Ati and Leras are dead? Shouldn't they be Sazediumone and Sazediumtwo?

Erunion

• Level 3
    • View Profile

I think he said there were more than 16 alloys each from Atium and Lerasium. Btw, would they still be called Atium and Lerasium, considering that Ati and Leras are dead? Shouldn't they be Sazediumone and Sazediumtwo?

How 'bout Sazedium and Sazedite?
Perhaps Sazedium and Terrisium?  :P

Salkara

• Level 4
    • View Profile

How 'bout Sazedium and Sazedite?
Perhaps Sazedium and Terrisium?  :P

Actually, thinking more on it, wouldn't there only be one metal now? If I recall, Atium was the body of Ati/Chaos, and Lerasium was the body of Leras/Preservation. With one person holding both shards, wouldn't there now only be one metal? So... Sazedium could grant a person limited view of the future along with the powers of a mistborn.

Although, perhaps there will be no god metals at all. If Lerasium came about because of Preservation's sacrifice and Atium because of Chaos's imprisonment, wouldn't that mean that Sazedium will only come about if Sazed sacrifices a portion of his power, is imprisoned by another Shardholder, or other such cosmic event?

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
I just posted a cleaned-up version on the 17th shard blog. http://www.17thshard.com/news/?p=48

I did my best, but oh man, that was long, and there was a lot to clean. So, I'm sure it could be better, and there are bound to be errors that slipped through. Feel free to post corrections in the comments.

Thanks to Morderkaine for doing the raw transcription. It wouldn't have happened without you.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
Actually, thinking more on it, wouldn't there only be one metal now? If I recall, Atium was the body of Ati/Chaos, and Lerasium was the body of Leras/Preservation. With one person holding both shards, wouldn't there now only be one metal? So... Sazedium could grant a person limited view of the future along with the powers of a mistborn.

Although, perhaps there will be no god metals at all. If Lerasium came about because of Preservation's sacrifice and Atium because of Chaos's imprisonment, wouldn't that mean that Sazedium will only come about if Sazed sacrifices a portion of his power, is imprisoned by another Shardholder, or other such cosmic event?

Ruin, not Chaos!

Anyway, the metals were the physical embodiments of the shards, named after the person who held that shard. So Atium and Lerasium will still exist separately, as the shards are still separate, just held by only one shardholders. Maybe the names should be changed as Ati and Leras are now dead, but they've been called atium and lerasium for so long now, there really isn't any point changing them.
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier