Author Topic: Lake in Mistborn *Mistborn and Elantris spoilers*  (Read 1636 times)

Stormblessed

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Lake in Mistborn *Mistborn and Elantris spoilers*
« on: October 09, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »
I was just doing a re-read of mistborn: the final empire, and I came across this reference on the epigraph of chapter 33:
The lake that Fedik discovered is below us now - I can see it from the ledge. It looks even more eerie from up here, with its glassy - almost metallic - sheen. I almost wish I had let him take a sample of its waters.

Perhaps his interest was what angered the mist creature that follows us. Perhaps...that was why it decided to attack him, stabbing him with its invisible knife.

I was wondering, does anyone know anything about the origins of the lake? This reference makes me think of the lake in Elantris, which is infused with a shards power. Maybe the reason it is described as metallic is because it is infused with the power of ruin/preservation?
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: Lake in Mistborn *Mistborn and Elantris spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:37:36 AM »
I think it probably has to do with Ruin's power.  Kind of like when Vin discovered it's power it was in a liquid form.

HoidianSlip

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Lake in Mistborn *Mistborn and Elantris spoilers*
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »
Yeah I think the too-still pools of water are definitely connected to the shards somehow.  somewhere around here you can read the first chapter or two of liar of partinel and theres a large lake right next to the city that has the same sheenish thing going on and it might have some other magical properties. I'm reading through warbreaker right now ill keep an eye out for anything like that.

Siri just mentioned the letter shash btw significant?