Author Topic: Heaven Forbid...but just in case?  (Read 2332 times)

calvin

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Heaven Forbid...but just in case?
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
So...since Brandon has created this entire cosmere and gotten everyone so interested in it (as evidenced here), the big question is, should anything ever happen to Brandon (Heaven Forbid), has he laid out his notes in a way that someone else could come along and pick up his work like Brandon did for Robert Jordan to finish the WoK?  (and others)?

Somebody get that man a bodyguard!  Food tasters!  Home Security!  On-Star!  Padded walls!  (okay, maybe WE need the padded walls) ;)

Umm....Brandon...I'd be willing to hold a copy of all of your files as a backup.  In case of fire, flood, blizzard or electronic disaster...just in case, you know?   ;D
--------------------------
Sooo Omnibuddy....if Brandon (for ANY reason) wasn't able to finish his series...who would YOU like to see finish it for him?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:02:02 PM by calvin »
If everyone else sits back and does nothing, the bad guy wins.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
Re: Heaven Forbid...but just in case?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
We shall create a very secret society, more powerful than even the CIA and MI5, whose soul purpose will be to protect Brandon and family, Peter and anyone else with deep knowledge of the Cosmere, but more importantly, ensure that if anything was to ever happen, everything we know about the Cosmere would be safe, so his legacy may continue forever and to the end of ages.
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

calvin

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »
*breathes a sigh of relief*   ;D
If everyone else sits back and does nothing, the bad guy wins.

jkincaid

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:44:53 PM »
Yeah there's a scary thought, it's so hard to get invested into a major book series like Stormlight Archive so early in it's development, the first book just barely being released.  I usually like to wait for book series like this until there's at least a few books to read so I don't have to wait so long for the next one.  But as I've bought every book Brandon's ever written, except for the WoT book, I couldn't very well say no to reading WoK.  Now we just have to pray for Brandon's good health and prosperity so that he can continue to gift us with this wonderful series for years to come.  And hopefully we can get the next installement sooner rather than later.  Did I read right somewhere that we won't get the next book for another couple of years?   :'(   

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
Brandon will put his preferred successor in his will. The problem with doing that is that Brandon is  making alot of money. So there is a monetary incentive to take him out, so you can take over his work.

There is a good medical reason not to do this also. There is a long waiting list for organs. However, since Brandon has a growing fan base, he could probably get volunteers to give him a kidney if he "heaven forbids" needs it. He migth even want to start a personal organ donar list on his website. Free signed books for anyone who signs up.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:26:41 PM by guessingo »

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »
We shall create a very secret society, more powerful than even the CIA and MI5, whose soul purpose will be to protect Brandon and family, Peter and anyone else with deep knowledge of the Cosmere, but more importantly, ensure that if anything was to ever happen, everything we know about the Cosmere would be safe, so his legacy may continue forever and to the end of ages.
Genius.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.