Author Topic: Whats up?  (Read 7699 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Whats up?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 06:19:59 PM »
It has recently come to my attention that Sminja is in no way, shape, or form productive. He is, in reality, a suck-up.

Well.  Let me tell you a story of a man named sam.  Samman, as he is now refered to by me, was a newbie.  And an annoying, blubbering, mucking up the board newbie as well.  He, like all newbies I have ever seen talk, came in a pair.  He and his little rodent like friend, both muckers, put the board into a strategic PMS.  Then more came.  Then more.  Now there are six.  Well, at a point in time Samman was considered productive compared to his small rodent-like friend.

Now, here's the dealio.  I deam the name "productive one" on the newbie I like the best, productive or not.  This means I have yet to evaluate all the newbies after Samman, so his position could be ripped from his vest.  Depending on if I like any of you other newbies more.  Of coarse, this is only open to newbies because I would have a hard time choosing a favorite regular.

So go be productive in hopes that one day you will be "the productive one", which has no special benefits other than my liking you the best.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:21:01 PM by GorgontheWonderCow »
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 06:23:20 PM »
Boo! Productivity is bad!

Productivity is anathama to all that TWG stands for!
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 06:25:48 PM »

I deam the name "productive one" on the newbie I like the best, productive or not.

Preferably not too productive, but overly upbeat with little to no spam.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Sminja

• Level 10
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 06:25:54 PM »
But I was the productive one (Gorgon's idea of the productive one) first, so I can always bear the title of: The first one deemed the productive one.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:26:40 PM by samdaman360 »
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 06:27:32 PM »
Yes, so if I find another favorite, a diamond in the rock, you will be forced to change you title to first one, while the other will be the one.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2004, 07:23:29 PM »
Thats fine with me, but maybe you should give me another title before another newbie becomes productive just so if that ever happens, we won't get confused.
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2004, 09:33:22 PM »
I don't think it's necessary, no one else is really impressing me, personally.  Well, if I was to read good posts from the others maybe, but for now your title seems inevitably safe.  
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2004, 09:53:22 PM »
Ok, I'm content. On a side note, be aware of Sig and Soulman (mostly soulman). I know them IRL, and they can tend to stray from topic (mostly soulman)

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2004, 11:27:38 PM »
Um, no offense meant to anyone, but has anyone here ever successfully stayed on target?  Newbies are worse than most, sure, but still....
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2004, 01:18:38 AM »
No, I think as a board we have only a 30% success rate on staying on topic.   But hypocrisy is fun!
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2004, 05:23:50 PM »
Well, here's the the thing:  There is a difference between forcefully changing the tipic and letting the topic be, to change as it is changed.  I doubt you have ever had a conversation which consistantly stayed on topic.  Same concept here.  If you come in and say "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'ma pirate" or something moronic like that which will obviously change the conversation you are forcefully changing it.  But if you are saying something related which inevitable changes the subject then all is well and good.  Look at word sense if you need more examples.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Sig

• Level 4
  • White Mage needs food badly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2004, 12:56:36 PM »
Yes, but staying on topic is boring. It's much more fun to start a new one right in the middle of the old one.
"I try to surround myself with people smarter than me, and so far I've done pretty well. Except for Noah."

The Sniper. Reach out and touch somebody.

"Someone...tree...in...cat...help"

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2004, 04:15:51 PM »
Well, staying on topic is never boring if the topic is worth talking about. Even then does the topic, like Gorgon said, inevitably stray from the original idea. And no, its not more fun to initiate a completely new thought in the middle of an old one, because then the topic will never accomplish what it was intended to do: obtain various ideas and information on the created topic.

btw, Gorgon, I think your new avatar suits you much better
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 04:18:38 PM by samdaman360 »

Sig

• Level 4
  • White Mage needs food badly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2004, 04:23:48 PM »
Of course it's not cool to start a completely new one. I meant something that has some correlation with the original topic. And topics are rarely interesting to continue for a long amount of time. :-/
"I try to surround myself with people smarter than me, and so far I've done pretty well. Except for Noah."

The Sniper. Reach out and touch somebody.

"Someone...tree...in...cat...help"

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2004, 04:43:48 PM »
well sig the thing is changing the topic is not cool cuz some people might still be interested in it, but if it slowly changes it can be nudged back on course if desired, which is probably the reason why on topic posts are so inforced.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/