Author Topic: Time-Waster's Withdrawal  (Read 3314 times)

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Time-Waster's Withdrawal
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »
Randomly decided to check this today and its up!  I'm so ridiculously happy to waste as many as hours as possible pouring over what people think about everything! :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:44:23 PM by Tasslehoof »
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

mtbikemom

• Level 6
    • View Profile
Re: Time-Waster's Withdraw
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »
Has there been an announcement made as to why the site was down for so long?

And, not to be too Hermione (but I just can't help myself), it's withdrawal, Tassle, not withdraw.   ;)

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:43:41 PM »
I haven't seen a statement as to what they did (I'm assuming it was maintenance of some sort).  And thanks!  I think it was late when I posted that, plus the excitement behind the post left me making silly mistakes!   

- Famous Words of Doom.

mtbikemom

• Level 6
    • View Profile
Re: Time-Waster's Withdrawal
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 12:29:33 AM »
Since you took that so well, I just noticed that it's poring, not pouring.  Don't you just hate people who correct other people all the time?

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 12:43:56 AM »
Woohoo! I've checked this everyday for like the last month. So nice to know I can waste countless hours of my work time again!
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 07:07:32 AM »
I believe the database was restored from a backup. But hardly anything was lost, if anything was lost at all, it appears. Well,  that's my impression, since I don't remember what day the forum went down.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 02:32:08 PM »
Has there been an announcement made as to why the site was down for so long?

And, not to be too Hermione (but I just can't help myself), it's withdrawal, Tassle, not withdraw.   ;)

I dunno... I mean... I'd say "Time Waster's Withdraw" was a factual statement. It's merely a present tense of the verb rather than a past tense. ;)

Also I'm sure the rain doesn't pore all over the streets the way one might pour all over a website.  Really depends on the intended context, so stop beginning sentences with conjunctions. ^^

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
I believe the database was restored from a backup. But hardly anything was lost, if anything was lost at all, it appears. Well,  that's my impression, since I don't remember what day the forum went down.

Yeah, there was some sort of database issue, but that's the extent of my knowledge. I only know that because thats what it was saying just before it went into maintainence mode.

Also, it went down october 19th. The only reason i know is because the night before, on the 18th, i was having some issues with it saying the database error stuff, and i contacted Jade (and thus have the chat history to look back on) to let him know, and he got back to me and said it looked fine. Then a few hours later it went back down again and shortly went into maintenance mode.

(also: shouldn't this be in like the general section, and not brandon's section? Just sayin')
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 06:04:28 AM »
Sorry, I probably should have posted it there, but I use Brandon's most often, and when I first noticed it was back up I was too excited to think about where to post it haha.  If someone really wants to move it, they can, it doesn't really matter :p

- Famous Words of Doom.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »
these are my favorite book forums. I was worried they would never come back.