Author Topic: WOK: MAP of Roshar online?  (Read 2285 times)

kain243

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
WOK: MAP of Roshar online?
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
Is there a map of roshar posted anywhere online? 
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:17:48 PM by kain243 »

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
Re: WOK: MAP of Roshar online?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:07:13 PM »
Isaac Stewart (Brandon's cartographer) has a picture of the Epic Bookmarks we were giving away at Dragon*Con, which have a small map of the world here:

http://www.inkwing.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_73&products_id=209

But I don't know if he's put a larger version up. I know he's got some sweet plans in the works though, so keep an eye on his site.

CtrlZed

• Level 5
  • Undone
    • View Profile
    • Nethermore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »
Thanks, Inkthinker, for pointing that out.

kain243, I'll talk with Peter and Brandon and see if we can get a larger map posted online somewhere.

kain243

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 10:03:37 AM »
Thanks if you can ask about that from a person who knows brandon and peter.

That map looks a lot more detailed than the map that is in the front cover of Way of Kings because it shows the city locations and the other one does not, correct?  That's what it looked like from pictures I've seen.  I just bought the audiobook for the moment.

Will this map be placed in future printings of WOK or future stormlight archive books?  It really helps to see where the cities are in relation to one another.

BTW, It would be cool to have all the images from the hardcover posted online so people who only bought the audiobook version or ebook version could actually see them.  From the very little I saw in richard fife's review on tor.com (a few pics), it looks like they really add a lot.

I also saw a note that the illustrations might not be as visible in the paperback versions due to the lack of space.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:06:20 AM by kain243 »

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »
The map with city locations is in th efront of Way of Kings, afterthe contents, right before the prologue as opposed to the map on the inside front cover which doesn't show cities, and in fact shows the countries from many years before the story is set.