Author Topic: Reading suggestions.  (Read 2263 times)

Nightfire107

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Reading suggestions.
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »
having finished WoK i would reccomend readers (in order to most appreciate and understand the developing plot) read Brandon's books in the order they we're published. If not then read the mistborn trilogy. This will give newcomers a barebones understanding of the forces at play in Brandon's universe (the cosmere)
"We're Bridge Four, we've been around. We've liven in the crem and been used as bait. If it helps you survive, it's good. That's all that needs to be said about it."

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Reading suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »

Elantris or Warbreaker, followed by the other

Mistborn Trilogy

And mixed in those read the Alcatraz books.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
Miyabi: I think Nightfire107 ws suggesting what to read to learn something about the overarching plot in the cosmere which the Alcatraz books aren't part of.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »

But the Al books are fun. xD
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »
And then, of course, there are the two short stories he wrote. Three, if you count the Elantris one.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

Nightfire107

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »
i like all the stuff but the cosmere is deffernatly my focus.
"We're Bridge Four, we've been around. We've liven in the crem and been used as bait. If it helps you survive, it's good. That's all that needs to be said about it."

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 01:10:10 AM »

Honestly to learn more about the Cosmere search here for topics involving shards of Adonalsium, Hoid, and Realmatic Theory.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Nightfire107

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53:28 AM »
no i know. i am spaeking of a focus in infroming new readers. Also it occured to me. A theory is out there that there are 16 shards. Sazed showed that one person may access more than one shard. could one person reunite all the shards and "re-form" adulnasium?

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 03:48:59 PM »
no i know. i am spaeking of a focus in infroming new readers. Also it occured to me. A theory is out there that there are 16 shards. Sazed showed that one person may access more than one shard. could one person reunite all the shards and "re-form" adulnasium?
Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if they could get the power of Adonalsium, but I'd assume that it was more than just power.

I'd say we just don't know enough about Adonalsium yet to say so one way or another.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.