Author Topic: Way of Kings  (Read 8466 times)

rjl

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Way of Kings
« on: August 23, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »
Pre-ordered today via the book depository, how about everyone posts on here once they've ordered it, and we can speculate a bit about what's going to happen (no spoilers from outside of the sample chapters plz).

edit: As the book is now out, feel free to discuss it in this topic if you have it, tag specific spoilers though as the topic doesn't say "spoilers" in the title.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:29:35 PM by Rhuan »

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
Re: Way of Kings
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »
I ordered it months ago. I am also not allowed to speculate, since I have read the ARC.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »
Speculation Plot twist: Vader is actually elvis' father, and bruce willis has been dead the whole time.

On the serious side, as an FYI, a good portion of the people here have and have read an ARC, so I don't know how well a speculation thread will do at this time. Also, i'm pretty sure there's a speculation thread floating around somewheres, but I'm too lazy to go find it, someone else might know the title and such off hand. That or i could be wrong, but I kinda doubt it, since theorizing goes on so far around here that after the dead horse is beaten, it goes in search of the horses' foal and colts.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »
http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7526.0 : Prelude, Prologue, Chapters 1-3

or.

http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7735.0 : Chapters 9 & 11

Both of which have been pushed off first page because discussion has died a bit so close to release. Feel free to revive them with any speculation you'd like. We all enjoy it.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7526.0 : Prelude, Prologue, Chapters 1-3

or.

Both of which have been pushed off first page because discussion has died a bit so close to release. Feel free to revive them with any speculation you'd like. We all enjoy it.

Yes, that's right, dance my puppet, dance! Do all the work I off-handedly mention!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »
Didn't preorder. I'll be picking it up at the store where Brandon will be signing in my area.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »

or.

Yes, that's right, dance my puppet, dance! Do all the work I off-handedly mention!

(fail post)
Don't make me edit my post so that they are gone and then they will be in your post and therefore it's all on YOOOOU! BWAHAHA MY EVIL PLAN HAS COME TO COMPLETION!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:44:33 PM by Creative_Vortx »

Recruit of the Omegas.

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »
Fine, forget speculation, lets just talk about having ordered it or where we're going to buy it in this thread until it comes out...

No longer as interesting a topic...

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 05:32:53 PM »
I have it pre-ordered @ Borders with a 33% off coupon waiting just around the corner (they put one out like every week, love borders). AND I have the Kindle version bookmarked for when I get the new Kindle 3 at the end of the month.

I prefer Borders to Barnes & Noble. B&N seems more.... evil. Or maybe it's because Borders doesn't charge a membership fee and I still get free coupons for anywhere from 20% - 50% off. ^___^ I love me some discounted books.

Recruit of the Omegas.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »
I have it pre-ordered @ Borders with a 33% off coupon waiting just around the corner (they put one out like every week, love borders). AND I have the Kindle version bookmarked for when I get the new Kindle 3 at the end of the month.

I prefer Borders to Barnes & Noble. B&N seems more.... evil. Or maybe it's because Borders doesn't charge a membership fee and I still get free coupons for anywhere from 20% - 50% off. ^___^ I love me some discounted books.

Heh, i prefer B&N. That's because for that membership fee, you get 10% off everything at all times :P

And every other week or so, i get a 15-50% off coupon, that stacks with the member benefit, with the occasional 90% off member's special. :P

Several times I have bought a $40-50  for about 10-20 bucks, which makes the yearly payment of $25 pay for itself.

However, i know plenty of people who swear by borders as well (i used to use borders, until i found B&N's member benefits saving me more money. It depends on how often you buy stuff i think if its worth it or not)

[/off topic]

Anywho, i Have yet to actually preorder the book, I figure I was gonna pick it up eventually, an actual retail copy that is, to support brandon, but since I won an ARC, I plan on putting it off for a bit.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »
If I purchased more then 2 books a month, I'd be right there with ya in line @ B&N. But I don't.

:D

Also i'm pretty sure this discussion is on topic according to the Rhuan's last post. Where we are going to buy it.  :D

That warrants a BORDERS vs B&N shooooowdooooooown.. :lights dim, rock music comes on: IN THE BLUUUUE CORNER! :cough cough: Sorry about that...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:47:44 PM by Creative_Vortx »

Recruit of the Omegas.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »
If I purchased more then 2 books a month, I'd be right there with ya in line @ B&N. But I don't.

Also i'm pretty sure this discussion is on topic according to the Rhuan's last post. Where we are going to buy it.  :D

That warrants a BORDERS vs B&N shooooowdooooooown.. :lights dim, rock music comes on: IN THE BLUUUUE CORNER! :cough cough: Sorry about that...
A CHALLENGER APPEARS!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

FIGHT!

(he's the referee)

Recruit of the Omegas.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »
So, anyone read chapters 12 & 13 yet? Anyone who doesn't have the ARC, I mean. The newest preview on Tor.com.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 06:46:52 AM »
So, anyone read chapters 12 & 13 yet? Anyone who doesn't have the ARC, I mean. The newest preview on Tor.com.

I have read nothing, actually, except for the prologue in the Warbreaker paperback. I want to go into this book knowing nothing!
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?