Poll

What direction do you feel inclined to travel?

North
4 (19%)
South
2 (9.5%)
East
3 (14.3%)
West
4 (19%)
Spaceward
6 (28.6%)
Coreward
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Relocation: Choose a Direction  (Read 4107 times)

sortitus

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
Relocation: Choose a Direction
« on: August 18, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »
I'm defying Horace Greeley's advice and heading in a mostly anti-westerly direction, leaving Utah to (hopefully) never return. I'm moving to a city just outside Baltimore, Maryland the second week of September! It will be the fifth move for me within 10 months (woo, house sitting). I'll be in Baltimore until Decemberish (possibly later). Does anybody here live on the East coast? If so, we should boogie.

Anyway, why start a topic when you can start a topic and a poll? Polls should be required for all new topics. Because polls are awesome. You can choose three directions to be most specific! Are you moving? If so, where are you headed?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:50:17 PM by sortitus »
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Relocation: Choose a Direction
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »
I choose to move the awesome direction of west-east and spaceward, from now on known as the direction of Motorcycle.

Unfortunately for you, you will be shooting past where i live. I live in the midwest, so unless you wanna drive quite far from the east coast, boogieing with me won't be happening.

In fact, going from utah to baltimore, you're likely to drive pretty much right through my area.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:15:05 AM »
Well, I have never liked the East Coast, so definitely I'd go west. And north, too, because I love the Pacific Northwest.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:35:44 AM »
Wow. So far, 5/6 voters have decided to go Spaceward. One of whom also decided to go Coreward.
...the direction of Motorcycle.
An excellent name for an excellent vector.
In fact, going from utah to baltimore, you're likely to drive pretty much right through my area.
Unfortunately, I'm so poor that flying is my only option (Technically, going by Greyhound is actually cheaper until you realize that you have to pay for an extra two days of preprepared food in transit. Also, holy crap 2 days and 8 hours of travel time from Vegas to Baltimore. Thank you, 9-hour transcontinental flights.). I'm selling most of my stuff and stuffing what I really want/need in two 20x20x20 inch boxes and a carry on. I'm going to try to sneak my monitor/TV and desktop HDDs on as a laptop, since laptop bags don't affect the bag count for most airlines. If this were twitter, I'd add a hash tag about how being a powergamer helps other aspects of life more than it does gaming. Because in gaming, powergaming is boring. In real life, powergaming is awesome mad wicked skills. #ButWeArentOnTwitter #OrAreWe
Well, I have never liked the East Coast, so definitely I'd go west. And north, too, because I love the Pacific Northwest.
The east coast is nice and has all of the old stuff, but the west coast does have climate on its side. Then again, there's always the seismic activity on the west coast to put a damper on things. The hurricanes rarely reach as far north as Baltimore.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »
It's not so much the hurricanes as the humidity.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 01:58:11 AM »
I'm strangely drawn to Patagonia, which is west and south. But I'm not sure I'd care for Llama.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.