Author Topic: WoK ARCs  (Read 14274 times)

EndOfDiscOne

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WoK ARCs
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2010, 02:13:56 AM »
In the book, 6. That ought to be enough to let you know which ones are mine. :D

I also did a bit of concept work for Brandon that doesn't appear in the book. Some of that might be seen at the Dragon*Con panel.

Well there are 6 Shallan's Sketchbook pictures, and those are honestly my favorite ones in the ARC.  Haven't seen the Greg Call ones yet though.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 05:37:13 AM »

I liked the symbol ones that Isaac did.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2010, 09:23:21 AM »
Greg Call did the historical greatshell picture, the history of mankind, the Alethi codes of war, and the relief of Nalan'Elin. Isaac did everything else. [EDIT: I mean besides Inkthinker's 6, of course.]
Thanks for the info Peter.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
I got mine on Thursday and finished it yesterday.  It was SO GOOD!  Brandon's best?  Maybe.
I didn't post when I got it cuz, well, I wanted to read it!  I still can't wait for the release tomorrow!  I want to see the missing artwork, especially the map of Roshar.  It was frustrating to have him namedrop all those places and not being able to see how they fit together.  I want to see just how BIG this is.
The typos were annoying, but the big thing that really kicked me out of the book were the occasional notes about the text.  They threw off my groove! (I'm sorry, you've thrown off the Emperor's groove.) *aaaah!*
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »
I just want Brandon to work on these now. Long time Wheel of Time fan and holy crap he needs to stop writing those and finish this series!
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2010, 05:16:08 AM »
I just want Brandon to work on these now. Long time Wheel of Time fan and holy crap he needs to stop writing those and finish this series!
I'm extremely inclined to agree with you because I haven't read the WoT.  I've been saying he should work on his own stuff the whole time!
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2010, 10:56:51 AM »
I'm extremely inclined to agree with you because I haven't read the WoT.  I've been saying he should work on his own stuff the whole time!

Be warned. Some radical Wheel of Time fans will destroy you if you say this without having read the series ;)
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

calvin

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »
It's killing me, but I'm taking this one really slow, since I don't know when the next Brandon Sanderson book will be out.  I'm trying to savor the characters and world development a little at a time.  It's like eating an amazing sundae...it's so good you want to eat it all at once, but you know that if you do, it will be gone all too soon (and if you eat it too fast, you might get a brain freeze!)
If everyone else sits back and does nothing, the bad guy wins.

ImMe

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
I got my ARC last week, but couldn't start it until today. I've been moving and have had NO time. I started it waiting in line for my number this morning! I usually can read really fast, but this one is making me pay attention! Its taking a bit longer, but is great so far! I can't wait to see the artwork in my hardback copy tonight!

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2010, 05:48:23 PM »
It's killing me, but I'm taking this one really slow, since I don't know when the next Brandon Sanderson book will be out.  I'm trying to savor the characters and world development a little at a time.  It's like eating an amazing sundae...it's so good you want to eat it all at once, but you know that if you do, it will be gone all too soon (and if you eat it too fast, you might get a brain freeze!)

Same here, got mine on Sunday (finally stupid goodreads) and have been slowly eating it up. Taking it to Vegas tomorrow and will continue the feast.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

StrykerJ

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2010, 01:09:07 AM »
I got my ARC last week, but couldn't start it until today. I've been moving and have had NO time. I started it waiting in line for my number this morning! I usually can read really fast, but this one is making me pay attention! Its taking a bit longer, but is great so far! I can't wait to see the artwork in my hardback copy tonight!

I'm sure you were a popular person in line. :)

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2010, 01:33:56 AM »

Now you have something to do while you wait for Stormlight Archive #2. ;)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2010, 02:48:29 AM »

Be warned. Some radical Wheel of Time fans will destroy you if you say this without having read the series ;)

Boo on WoT.  Terribly hard to get itno.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »
WoT may be hard to get into but if you have the time to read it it's worth reading.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2010, 02:57:07 AM »
The only things hard about WoT are that #1 is so much like Lord of the Rings, and that you need to find an enormous amount of time to get through them all ;)