Author Topic: WoK ARCs  (Read 14263 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: WoK ARCs
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
Mine arrived today! Just a matter of moments ago via USPS :D

So mine was mailed monday, and arrived the following saturday, if that helps those of you still waiting, to give you some time reference.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

mycoltbug

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »
2 weeks! Well it looks like mine will probably come either the day of the release or afterwards.  So much for "advanced"  That sucks!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 10:12:27 PM »
I think it was 5 days, though the wording is ambiguous.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

mycoltbug

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 05:13:01 AM »
Which contest did you win Erangol?  Yeah, 5 business days which would have been today for delivery.  So i'm hoping it's not the 5 days that Erangol had...  It would help if there was some way to track them or something.  It's kinda depressing winning an ARC but having to wait forever to get it and maybe not in enough time to read it before the release. Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 05:36:58 AM »
I won an ARC, or so I thought.

Then it arrived, and it turned out to be a giant boat, not a giant book.

Lame.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »
Which contest did you win Erangol?  Yeah, 5 business days which would have been today for delivery.  So i'm hoping it's not the 5 days that Erangol had...  It would help if there was some way to track them or something.  It's kinda depressing winning an ARC but having to wait forever to get it and maybe not in enough time to read it before the release. Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion.

It was the one where you had to comment on a TOR blog post or something like that, it ended like 13th i think or somewhere along those lines. I dont much remember, it was almost like 2 weeks ago, and i entered more than one in hopes to win an ARC from various sites.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 05:32:26 PM »
Grr. If it doesn't come today, I'm swearing off women.. wait.. that doesn't make sense. But seriously.. getting sad I is.  :(
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

mycoltbug

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »
I agree, it's way depressing waiting on such an amazing novel. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't come out one week from today and college starting for me this thursday. I was wanting to finish it before classes started again.

link389

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »
I won an ARC.  Got the email yesterday from Tor asking for my address.  I live in Australia so I don't know what copy out of the ARC, preodered copy, or Sam Weller's signed copy will arrive first.  The ARC almost certainly, but you never know...
"Light shines through the sands of time,
As down the Aeonglass it pours,
Until the Darkness shift the glass
And bring the Lords to Bloody shores."

mycoltbug

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »
Congrats link! Anyone else win a copy of the goodreads giveaway? IF so any luck on getting it yet or is it just me that the Shards hate?

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »
Still waiting on my Goodreads copy. I've now emailed Tor about it. We shall see.

Recruit of the Omegas.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 09:33:28 PM »
Laura at Tor says they were told by Macmillan's mailing house that the Goodreads ARCs were shipped on August 13th, but people keep asking, so they are looking into it further. She says you can contact her here: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2045333-tor-books-jen-laura
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

mycoltbug

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 10:26:32 PM »
I had just contacted them, like an hour ago. Hopefully they can figure it out.  Thanks peter.

Here is the response they sent me:
" Tor Books (Jen & Laura) said,
I’m sorry that the U.S. Postal Service is moving so slowly. Delivery can take between 3-14 days though -usually- it does not take that long. Unfortunately, they must be really busy right now since it is taking so long. We have been notified that people have started receiving the ARCs as of yesterday. You should get yours any day now.

We're pretty bummed that they didn't get out the fans any earlier too, but unfortunately we don't control the mail. I know it would have been way more fun to get it well in advance of the release, but hey, you still have a really neat collectible that'll be apart of the history of The Stormlight Archive forever.

If you still haven't gotten yours by the end of day on Friday, let us know"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:33:11 PM by mycoltbug »

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 01:48:49 AM »
Collectible!? Can I sell it on eBay in 10 years for $1000?  :D

Recruit of the Omegas.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 02:27:06 AM »
I doubt it. But I haven't looked into the ARC collectors' market. They aren't as sturdy as hardcovers, but there are fewer of them. Still, there are a LOT of ARCs for this book.