Author Topic: Brandon Book List  (Read 9441 times)

Hobbun

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon Book List
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
Unless he has some ‘in’ with Brandon we don’t know about.   :)

Well, ya know, Brandon did refer to him as one of his friends during that Magic game...

Magic?  Well shoot...

*Goes home and starts digging through all of his old Magic cards and decks...*

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »
No, it was a game Brandon was playing with one of the Dragonmount guys. They were showing it live as well, with a live chat, and they had someone reading some of what people were writing on the chat. Miyabi wrote something, the person read it, Brandon asked who wrote it, the person said, and Brandon said "Oh, he's one of my friends." Or something along those lines....It was funny.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »
Ahh, ok.

Well, I was joking when Miyabi must have some 'in' with Brandon, but apparently it's true.  :D

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »
You could always try sending him magic cards with a letter, I think that would get you an 'in'. ;)

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 04:29:25 AM »
at least one of the things the people fight went into the Way of Kings.

Now that is very interesting to me. i don't remember them fighting anything but the shadow creatures, but i don't see how that would transfer to WoK... possibly the Gol?
As for response times, when i wrote Brandon and asked for Aether of Night, i got it within a week i believe. of course that was a couple years ago, so he's probably much busier now...
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

fardawg

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 05:53:28 AM »
I believe that Brandon said in a recent video that he put his first unfinished story, the one he wrote in high school, on the Tor website. I can't find it anywhere. Did I misunderstand what he was talking about?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
There are two pages of it, sort of, here. http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/08/its-here
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!