Author Topic: Way of Kings signings  (Read 11948 times)

MaeLavanya

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Adonalsium.net
Re: Way of Kings signings
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
I was actually hoping there might some time be a signing or visit (or whatever, really, that I can attend) in Europe! The Netherlands specifically of course but I would be willing to travel far and wide (in Europe :p) to meet the master.
You know you want to join us at Adonalsium.net!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 11:43:28 PM »
Hold on.  I think visiting your northern continental neighbours is far more reasonable than a trip overseas...
Canada first, then Europe! ;)
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 07:03:36 AM »
Well, I looked at the tour dates and found one in Chicago. That's the closest it's coming to me, so I'm working with it. I've already requested a few days off from work to go down there, and hopefully one of my cousins will be willing to give me a place to crash if I need it. Now I just need to determine how I'm making the trip down with no car...

This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »
Oh good, he'll be in the Chicago area. And it looks like he is using the same bookstore as where he signed at for TGS. Which works for me as it is only about 20 minutes from my house, at the most.   :)

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »
Oh good, he'll be in the Chicago area. And it looks like he is using the same bookstore as where he signed at for TGS. Which works for me as it is only about 20 minutes from my house, at the most.   :)

Nice!

Uh... could you give me directions?
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
Sure. Kind of surprised that addresses weren't listed for the locations.  I am pretty positive that it's the same location where Brandon signed for TGS as I believe Oak Brook only has one Borders.

The address is:

1500 16th Street, Suite D
Oak Brook, IL

Phone number: (630) 574-0800

Not sure where you are coming from, so hard to give directions, but if you just plug the address into Google maps or Mapquest, they will give you a route.

One last thing, with TGS, they (this Borders) had started giving out colored wristbands earlier in the day (when they opened) to signify what group you were part of when standing in line.  Like the first group was orange, I believe (which is what I had). And they stood in line first, then I think it was red.

I believe there were only two groups, as each group was pretty big. Where I don't think there was a cut off on Brandon signing books, I couldn't say 100% for certain as my friend and I did not stay until everyone was signed. So you may want to get there earlier in the day to get a wristband for yourself (or also whomever is coming with you).  But, you may of course want to call the story to confirm if they are doing this again or whatever system they may be doing. I know I will be.

Oh! Sorry, one last thing.   :)   I would recommend getting to the store at least an hour early if you want decent seats. There were quite a few people who had to stand that came in at the end.

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »
He's not coming to my state or the bordering state...again.
I'd beg my sis to get me signed books/ask my questions but she's actually moving away from Seattle in August.

How badly would a convention need to bribe Mr. Sanderson to get him to come?

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 09:13:05 PM »
He really should stop in Texas, like he mentioned during the TGS tour we all have guns.... ;)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »
He really should stop in Texas, like he mentioned during the TGS tour we all have guns.... ;)

I noticed somewhere that he's told Tor to send him to Texas for the ToM tour.  I can't remember where though.  Maybe on this thread. Or maybe Peter mentioned something somewhere....I don't know. All I know is that I heard something about going to Texas for the ToM tour...Yes. I am a wealth of information. :P
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »
Has he ever mentioned Ohio or Michigan as potential places for the ToM (or any future) tour?  It always seems like midwestern and eastern locales have a really short and sparse list.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 11:11:39 PM »
Well DFW is somewhere in the top 10 largest metropolitan areas in the USA.... I think it's around 5, so he really should stop by.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
I think I’ve been pretty lucky so far. His last two books he’s released for his tours, or going to release (TGS and WoK), have been in the Chicago area and at a very nearby bookstore, on top of it. I am anticipating ToM not coming to the Chicago area.

And to be honest, that’s ok with me. Not that I don’t want to see Brandon, of course I do. But I would really like to do my re-read of WoT, first. The last thing I want to worry about is any spoilers from questions people may ask in the Q&A. And besides, I know he’ll almost definitely stop in Chicago for AMoL.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:13:37 PM by Hobbun »

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »
Is it common for fantasy authors to avoid signings in New York City? Is there too much traffic or too hard to get a booking? I don't live there, but I was surprised that Brandon is not signing there.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »
Brandon usually does sign in New York but it didn't work out for this tour.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!