Author Topic: Vader vs Batman  (Read 18579 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Vader vs Batman
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 09:59:53 PM »
Well, electric batarangs are at least an improvement and might actually damage Vader. Would an electric current travel down a lightsaber blade?

Technologically, even if Batman had enough time to prepare and had access to the Star Wars galaxy, I'm not certain he would have a technological edge. Batman is rich, sure, but Vader has the full force of the Galactic Empire. Batman isn't going to his hands on a Death Star. Pure technological edge would have to go to Vader (ingenuity to use them is another story).

Swordsmanship - Vader wins by virtue of lightsaber. Of course, if Batman has a lightsaber this is a much bigger threat. But still, lightsaber fighting is different from typical swordsplay, and Vader would still have a lifetime of experience at his head. Batman has a very uphill battle here. In the end, I believe Vader's Force-adeptness will save the day. It's not the same as precognition, as Eerongal pointed out, but trusting the Force does allow much greater lightsaber power. As in, they deflect more blaster bolts than you can shake a fist at.

Physicality - Batman wins. He has trained much harder than Anakin ever did. Even if Vader has cybernetic enhancement above the normal man (which is disputable at best), Batman has the upper hand. However, I'm not sure it matters.

Stormtroopers - Yes, Batman can defeat regular guards without much effort. Still, blasters give Stormtroopers the possibility of at least some life. Given a proper troop of Stormtroopers in formation around Vader, hopefully in some place which isn't too enclosed, there's no way Batman would dodge all of them. Furthermore, Batman doesn't use guns, so it is unlikely he would use blasters. He could have a lightsaber, but I doubt his adeptness with it.

Stealth - Batman's greatest strength, besides his own ingenuity, lies in his power of stealth. In any remotely neutral ground, Batman will be able to get the building's floor plan, which is definitely a big boost to Team Batman--note this advantage would obviously be moot in any Empire structure which also carries Vader. Still, Batman has an uphill battle. Vader would mostly feel a Force disturbance with Batman's presence, and thus increase his security. It would be unlikely Batman could get an easy hit on Vader. He could, however, dispatch Vader's Stormtroopers easily. The disadvantage is that he would reveal himself to Imperial troops. Also, the second Batman reveals himself he would need to get out his presumed lightsaber to defend himself. Lightsabers are not immensely stealthy objects.

First Strike - Batman will strike first. As already stated, Vader would already be on Batman's hit list, so Batman would be working out his plans to strike. But Vader has no need to personally hunt Batman down, ever. Vader will wait for a new Death Star and just annihilate any planet Batman was presumed to be on. Destroying innocent planets? Doesn't matter. It will only make Batman want to destroy Vader that much more. And if Batman strikes first, which he undoubtedly will, Vader has home turf advantage.

I suppose that depends on whether Vader knows Batman is in their galaxy, but this isn't an issue. I mean, come on, in Soul Calibur 4, Soul Edge caused a big enough Force disturbance that both Vader and Yoda decided to go to 16th Century Earth. Batman, with his extreme obsession, entering the Star Wars galaxy would create a sufficient disturbance for Force users to feel, especially Dark Side users.

Turf - If Batman escapes Imperial assaults long enough, Vader will have empirical evidence of Batman's skill. There's no point for Vader to take on Batman alone. Vader may as well just wait with the Emperor.

Stormtroopers + Vader + Palpatine will always defeat Batman + lightsaber, no question.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »
just a quick post in reply to chaos', and note i haven't read it all thoroughly and even begun to come up with any refutation/counter argument/whatever (however, i actually think it's a really good, well thought out post)

on the subject of storm troopers, i think batman has a very high upper hand here. Batman has plenty of experience working around people who use guns (that is, fighting thugs who have them). As in, modern day guns, where bullets travel VERY fast. The speed at which the blaster shots travel makes their "advanced" technology in this context actually a rather large drawback, just in general, since the bolts move at a speed that the human eye can comprehend.

However, this touches on my hate of a lot of sci-fi guns where the "laser" blast moves so painfully slow that it's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:28:27 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »
Oh, I agree. I dislike that whole thing immensely.

Regardless, I'm not putting my money on Stormtroopers...
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 07:04:44 PM »
Jedi can be outthought and killed. See: here.
The key is proper planning and equipment, which Batman Would acquire. Batman of course, doesn't use guns unless they are specially modified for certain tasks, but he would use specially concocted grenades or mines. see: Nitrogen Batarang. That said, his special equipment and stealth are his only advantages.
          Batman's normal methods of planning may or may not be effective, because jedi do have limited precognition. That's why anakin was able to fly podracers. He cannot compete with the lightsaber, or the force powers. Therefore, I award the victory to Vader.

Of course, If Batman survived, the next time they faced eachother Batman would win. Period.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
Jedi can be outthought and killed. See: here.

I really love that droid.  He was my favorite character from KOTOR.  Almost makes me wish I was carbon based so I could refer to people as "meatbags".
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
A lot of this discussion depends on which version of Batman we are talking about. There's really only one version of Vader, there are dozens of versions of Batman. Vader would probably easily defeat the movie version of Batman (Hell he'd probably defeat the latest movie version of Superman).

I'm going with the Justice League or Justice League Unlimited cartoon version of Batman, which I think is pretty close to the comic version of Batman. I don't think that version of Batman would have much trouble with someone like Vader. Here's why:

-He's fought Lightsaber type weapons before. Whenever he has to fight someone with energy weapons like that, or if he's fighting someone that can't be taken down with human level strength, Batman puts on these energy gloves of his that deliver a powerful energy burst when he hits. They are also able to block and parry energy weapons (like a Lightsaber)

-Batman is really just going to dodge or block anything that Vader throws at him. He IS that good. Seriously, if its the Justice League Unlimited version of Batman, he's going to just walk all over Vader. In a contest of martial skills Batman always wins. ALWAYS. He fights people way more powerful than him all of the time, dodging everything they throw at him and taking them out with fancy tech.

Batman is just going to run up to Vader, dodge his lightsaber of block it with bat-gadgets then he's most likely going to stick an explosive to his back and blow the hell out of him, using just enough of a charge to incapacitate him without killing him.

AS for the Stormtroopers, Deathstar and all that other crap Chaos... fine. Vader can have his allies. As long as Batman gets his:

"Batman to Justice League..."
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
Batman could win even before Vader choked him.  Just use a device that remotely shuts down electronics and Vader is history.
Also for those who say Batman can't kill, we'll just go Dark Knight style batman.  He can definitely kill people.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
Batman could win even before Vader choked him.  Just use a device that remotely shuts down electronics and Vader is history.
Also for those who say Batman can't kill, we'll just go Dark Knight style batman.  He can definitely kill people.

If you are referring to christian bale as batman in the newest movie, you are mistaken. He does not kill.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 07:30:17 PM »

If you are referring to christian bale as batman in the newest movie, you are mistaken. He does not kill.

He was referring to The Dark Knight Returns, by Frank Miller. That Batman can kill quite easily.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »

He was referring to The Dark Knight Returns, by Frank Miller. That Batman can kill quite easily.

Yeah, version dependent on batman as to if he kills or not. its not like superman, who i'm pretty sure every incarnation has had a code against killing.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »
Vader from Ep. 4-5 > Batman > Vader from Ep 6 > Pretty much all else >  dead Ewoks > Anakin/"Vader" from Ep 1-3
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2010, 01:47:12 AM »
Sorry for the revival of a near dead topic, but nobody has mentioned something that is important: New Jedi Order.

In the New Jedi Order series, we learn that the Force only exists in the galaxy that Star Wars exists in. So, if the fight takes place anywhere else, Vader will be fighting blind when it comes to the force. No matter where they're fighting, unless Batman has studied and accepted the Force, it will have no effect on him (as mentioned in the KotOR clip). Jedi can detect anything with mass that is native to their galaxy, including (to a limited extent) the air.

Basically, a victory for Vader requires more unlikely scenarios than one for Batman. He only wins if Batman somehow goes native in the Star Wars galaxy. In New Jedi Order, the Y.V. (extra-galaxial (galaxular? galaxative?) invaders) have a huge advantage in fighting because they have "ninja training", and the jedi are so used to using the force for everything that they get destroyed almost universally. Only the jedi who have good fighting skills, fast natural (non-force) reflexes, and learn quickly survive.

Also, if the Batarangs are not made in the Star Wars universe, they can't be affected by the force. Looks a lot like the fight would be a one shot from Batman as he was on his way to fight a real villain. Of course, I didn't read enough of the New Jedi Order to know if dark force powers can affect the Y.V. You can certainly force throw stuff at them, but I doubt that force choke would work. Force lightning's operability is anyone's guess.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

T-Square

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Vader. Totally Vader. Vader has a lightsaber and the Force. Batman has the batarang and a grappling hook. He would put up a fight against Force abilities, but then when Vader let him go he would let his guard to regain his strength, and then Vader would slice him in half. It's not even a fair fight.