General > Everything Else

Vader vs Batman

<< < (3/12) > >>

ryos:
I could buy that. Ok, two more words: light saber. If you presume Batman's ninja training is equal to Jedi training (something that's impossible to guage), an unblockable sword is a pretty awesome upper hand.

It's possible Vader's extensive prosthetics have slowed him down. That's hard to gauge, since the choreography in the old movies was quite slow. Vader only really fought the aged Ben Kenobi and the amateur Luke Skywalker, so it's hard to say how much he may have slowed down based on his opponents.

--- Quote ---Edit: also, if we're going adam west style batman, no contest. Bat-force repellent, anyone?
--- End quote ---

YES. With a label on the can, of course. :P

Eerongal:

--- Quote from: Recovering_Cynic on April 22, 2010, 10:24:35 PM ---er... I said nothing about force choke.  That was Ryos.  About the only way I can see Batman winning is if he knocks out Vader's electrical systems, but in doing that, he'd kill Vader (and Batman doesn't do that). 

--- End quote ---

That depends. Pre-infinite crisis batman had no qualms against killing. Modern day batman has a "thou-shalt not kill" rule, however, i believe he breaks that vow if absolutely (i'm pretty sure superman's the one who actively and painfully goes out of his way to avoid killing)

--- Quote from: Recovering_Cynic on April 22, 2010, 10:24:35 PM ---So lets look at this.  Batman can't (1) hit him with anything (e.g. blaster bolt blocking) or (2) sneak up on him in a fair fight (so he didn't sense Han coming at the first Death Star; Vader was concentrating on killing Luke, which, like you said, takes a 'lot of concentration'.  Unless Batman is saving Luke?).  That pretty much screws Batman if it's a mano a mano duel.

In sum, the only way Batman could win is if Vader was so distracted by something else that a two year old could sneak up on him and say 'boo'.  Granted, not impossible, but lets say that of the infinite scenarios where the two could be pitted against each other, Vader wins 99.9% of them.

--- End quote ---

but see, that's my point. Batman is tricky, vader is cocky. Batman just needs to lure vader into a situation where he can both distract and take down vader.

The batarang thing is talking about disrupting his concentration. There's no doubt in my mind if he just threw one (or one hundred) at vader, it wouldn't work. :P

--- Quote from: ryos on April 22, 2010, 10:24:57 PM ---I could buy that. Ok, two more words: light saber. If you presume Batman's ninja training is equal to Jedi training (something that's impossible to guage), an unblockable sword is a pretty awesome upper hand.

It's possible Vader's extensive prosthetics have slowed him down. That's hard to gauge, since the choreography in the old movies was quite slow. Vader only really fought the aged Ben Kenobi and the amateur Luke Skywalker, so it's hard to say how much he may have slowed down based on his opponents.

--- End quote ---

That's actually a good point. How slow is vader these days? We don't see him get down to fighting too much, but I assume he's still at *LEAST* half-way decent (read: better than any of us)

--- Quote from: ryos on April 22, 2010, 10:24:57 PM ---
--- Quote ---Edit: also, if we're going adam west style batman, no contest. Bat-force repellent, anyone?
--- End quote ---

YES. With a label on the can, of course. :P

--- End quote ---

Obviously.

Edit: Also - We aren't nerds! Shut up! We're just arguing about batman vs. vader in an online medium! :P

Recovering_Cynic:
Yeah.  What's nerdy about that?  It's not like we're doing math or anything.

Oh, any of you guys know an algorithm that would take into account the appropriate factors which might lead to a situation where Batman wins?

Eerongal:

--- Quote from: Recovering_Cynic on April 22, 2010, 11:03:36 PM ---Yeah.  What's nerdy about that?  It's not like we're doing math or anything.

Oh, any of you guys know an algorithm that would take into account the appropriate factors which might lead to a situation where Batman wins?

--- End quote ---

unless i miss my guess, it's something like:

(((prepTime) + (batarangCount)) - (√(ForceStrength^3) + (lightSaberSkill))) * specializedGadgetCount

Edit: also this amuses me, and is only slightly off topic.

Recovering_Cynic:
I've been giving the fight some serious thought, and it occurred to me that after Vader and Batman duked it out, the Predator would show up minutes later and finish off the winner...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version