Author Topic: Way of Kings Discussion (prelude, prologue & chapters 1-3) :SPOILERS:  (Read 48415 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Way of Kings Discussion (prologue for now) :SPOILERS:
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »
We got a spine width on the book today that may be final: 2 7/16". That's almost 1/4" wider than TGS.

Bigger than TGS... Holy bejeezus. I think I may need a new bookshelf to hold all this awesome!
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2010, 07:05:46 PM »
We got a spine width on the book today that may be final: 2 7/16". That's almost 1/4" wider than TGS.

I didn't know Brandon was writing encyclopedias now. LOL Well the larger it is the better (that's what she said), that way I don't have to finish it in one day. Thanks for the info Peter, now give us a new blog update! lol. I'm drowning in lack o info at the moment.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2010, 07:25:57 PM »

I didn't know Brandon was writing encyclopedias now. LOL Well the larger it is the better (that's what she said), that way I don't have to finish it in one day. Thanks for the info Peter, now give us a new blog update! lol. I'm drowning in lack o info at the moment.

Haha.  If you finish it in one day you have super human reading abilities.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »
I'm planning on savoring it... Also, I'll be taking notes ;)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »
I'm extremely busy on the galleys and probably won't update the blog until they're done. I'm thinking...Tuesday?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2010, 10:06:01 PM »
I'm planning on savoring it... Also, I'll be taking notes ;)

Oh that's a good idea. I will definately start taking notes when I get my hands on WoK. Time to get a new composition notebook! :geek mode:

I'm extremely busy on the galleys and probably won't update the blog until they're done. I'm thinking...Tuesday?

Oh fine. I will wait until Tuesday.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »

I read the 3.0 version in a day...
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2010, 11:19:43 PM »
But then again, Steve, you are superhuman. You already knew that.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »

I read the 3.0 version in a day...

That's insane. ha ha.  That's a LOT of reading to do.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Nightfire107

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2010, 05:01:35 AM »
as lame as this sounds i have all the first addition hardbacks of these books and consequently spending extra money on paperbacks is difficult. Is there a place i can find it electronically printed? It's not on Sanderson's website.
"We're Bridge Four, we've been around. We've liven in the crem and been used as bait. If it helps you survive, it's good. That's all that needs to be said about it."

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2010, 05:24:45 AM »

Edition****

You can get them on many ebook stores.  The Kindle store has it.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2010, 06:06:03 AM »
as lame as this sounds i have all the first addition hardbacks of these books and consequently spending extra money on paperbacks is difficult. Is there a place i can find it electronically printed? It's not on Sanderson's website.

Do what I did. Go to a bookstore, grab a copy, sit down, read the prologue, then put it back.

Don't look at me like that. I'm a college student. I've got excuses for my cheapness.  8)
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2010, 06:06:35 AM »
Dragonsteel? What did I miss here?
Amazon says this about Dragonsteel
Dragonsteel is a not yet published book that Brandon wrote a while back.  Some of its elements have been incorporated into Way of Kings.  Others may be cannibalized for other books, and at some point he will probably rewrite the whole thing for official publication.  Until then, none of it is canon and there is exactly one copy in existence that is publicly available.  If you want to read it (and keep in mind that this is early, relatively low quality, stuff and subject to comprehensive revision before any of it becomes official), you will have to request it on Inter Library Loan from BYU.

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2010, 06:49:03 AM »
I thought the prologue was really interesting, but I was a little underwhelmed, I suppose... I was kind of expecting something as epic and brilliant as 'Dragonmount', the prologue to Eye of the World.  In my opinion, it isn't as exciting, but certainly my favorite Brandon Sanderson prologue.  <shrug>  Reading through the Wheel of Time right now, so everything else is a little bad in comparison.  <grin>  That's probably all it is.

Anyway, I thought the lashing system seemed really interesting, and I'm curious how it will be developed further.  Also, I really loved all those names that got thrown at us - I always like it when a lot of things get introduced, and I can't quite know what they are the moment they are mentioned.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2010, 05:08:09 AM »
Brandon will probably put 8 or so chapters on the site in the two months leading up to the book's release.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!