Author Topic: Some questions about Mistborn magic *spoilers for Mistborn trilogy*  (Read 4231 times)

happyman

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about Mistborn magic *spoilers for Mistborn trilogy*
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 02:23:46 AM »
With regards to the term "burning," I believe Vin mentions an impression of heat when she first starts burning metals in any significant amount.  It may be a purely psychological effect (e.g. a thermometer wouldn't notice it if inserted into the Allomancers body) but I don't think the choice was purely random or just an analogy.
Nature hates being reified.

Hibron

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
The impression I am under with inquisitors is that, ordinarily, they are created from mistings or mistborn, and then get one spike for each basic allomantic power, and another for gold-feruchemy (health). That's why they needed to rest so much.

Later, Ati gave the inquisitors additional feruchemical powers, and Marsh also got duralumin.

Hibron

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
While we're talking about this, what happens if an allomancer burns an imbued spike? Say, if Vin swallowed her earing and burned its bronze?

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 06:40:01 PM »
While we're talking about this, what happens if an allomancer burns an imbued spike? Say, if Vin swallowed her earing and burned its bronze?

Probably the same thing that happened when Vin tried to burn Sazed's metalmind. She'd get the power from the metal, but any imbued power would be lost.

Hibron

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
Yeah, probably. Seems a bit boring though.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
I dunno. Hemalurgy doesn't seem to have any restrictions on its charges like Feruchemy does. It'd be a matter of waiting and seeing, I thing.