Author Topic: Brandonsanderon.com Mailing List Page  (Read 1943 times)

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
Brandonsanderon.com Mailing List Page
« on: March 19, 2010, 11:30:21 PM »
Does anyone have the slightest idea what the long string of Latin on the mailing list page is all about?

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
Re: Brandonsanderon.com Mailing List Page
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »
Here's a translation of it from http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=Latin&to=English

Helps a little bit but for the most part it's pretty jumbled.

Some good nibh. Up to the time when mi a hollow viverra life , first principle life , crime and , pain. Now worthless prefix meaning half- feugiat and not , fellowship but , to grow strong bibendum , unseemly. Eneus life spotless but how seneschal a quiver. For person responsible is this urna. Now transitory tincidunt magna. Up to the time when this unseemly. As yet not before. Some anyone wise or was time euismod. Nullam and nulla. Up to the time when to congeal. Up to the time when consectetuer nisl anyone a hollow.

Doubt that helps but hey there ya go. :)
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 05:24:59 AM »
I'm willing to bet that's a piece of Lorem Ipsum, which is latin looking and sounding text that in fact means nothing.  It's mostly used for figuring out the way a webpage will look once you throw the real text in, but is a safe way of doing it without messing with copywrite laws.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
fRR is right.

I've been meaning to do something about it for a while.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 06:05:10 AM »
I think "Lorem Ipsum" would be a good screen name.  Or a band name.
~금강산도 식후경~

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »
You know, I had never thought of that, but I think you're right.  It would be.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:00:36 AM »
Back in the grand old days before easy copypaste, we called it "greeking" and it meant that you just typed in a mass of nonsense text. So you'd see blocks of text that looked like wqreq qrqeq erew rewtg ghfjfq lkf. I sdkjswdkj. Aakauw bbkxg splaq whqoght nvya,yhgnfy tewbvl, see if don't!

But now I think everyone just copies the lorem ipsum text from somewhere, if there's not an automatic drop-in that your composition software of choice provides.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 07:21:54 AM »
Notepad provides no dropins, so I always wrote out "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." to copy-paste. ;)